Have you been away from your kids for a week? it seems so long to me.

ive been away a weekend but never a week. i want to go on a 7 day cruise for one of my best friends 40th birthday. whats a girl to do?

rosesrred1

Asked by rosesrred1 at 10:34 AM on Oct. 15, 2012 in Travel

• Only when my older 3 go to their Dads. I go away for 4 days every year with my gfriends, but 7 days is a long time!

Answer by missanc at 10:38 AM on Oct. 15, 2012

• Just a few weeks ago my DD went to disneyland from Monday to Sunday and then my DS went with his dad from Monday to Thursday. Thats the longest they have been away from me and it sucked. But I did enjoy sleeping in longer
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 10:39 AM on Oct. 15, 2012

• Go and enjoy yourself. Just because you're a mom doesn't mean that you cannot go and have fun ever again.

Unfortunately I have had quite a few periods of being away from my older 2 kids for 2-3 weeks at a time when they were little and my grandmother was dying. She needed me to help care for her (because my mother is a self centered person) and the kids were in excellent hands with their father. They visited me when they could.

When they were 4 & 6 DH and I got away for a 10 day vacation for our 10th anniversary. I missed them but they were fine (and so was I.)
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 10:41 AM on Oct. 15, 2012

• I was never been away from my kids.
    kity-bity

Answer by kity-bity at 11:15 AM on Oct. 15, 2012

• Yes, I've spent 2 weeks away from my kids before, it was hard.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 11:18 AM on Oct. 15, 2012

• I've been away from them for a month, 3 weeks, a week, etc....They visit their bioDad for the Summer, but it's getting less and less as the years go by. They don't like going, so they are allowed to choose how long they go.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 11:19 AM on Oct. 15, 2012

• I've never been away from DD for more than 24 hours.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 11:48 AM on Oct. 15, 2012

• I was away from them for 2 weeks this summer because I was in hospital...
    winterglow

Answer by winterglow at 12:03 PM on Oct. 15, 2012

• No. I've only been away from my 10 year old twice when I was in the hospital and one time when he spent the night at my sister's house when he was 3. I've never been away from my 7 year old.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 12:33 PM on Oct. 15, 2012

• yes when i was in school. for my final clinical they sent me to stay in a dorm near the hospital and I had to stay their for 12 weeks. I came home every weekend and I had to work but it was for three months and it was hard. I was thankful for the weekends to come home and see her and for springbreak.
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 1:00 PM on Oct. 15, 2012