what are some ways you can homeschool for free??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:01 PM on Feb. 9, 2009 in General Parenting

• Library (not just books, check with your librarian about databases they may have available to patrons --- mine has TONS of stuff), materials from freecycle & other homeschoolers who are done with them, more websites than I can even list, taking a hands-on approach, etc.

There are lots of ways you can school for free (or REALLY close to it). Lots of really great websites are $20/year. It's doable.
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 7:29 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• I don't know that you can go completely free, unless your state offers K12 or Connections Academy or something. But even then there are costs for paper and pencils, crayons, printer ink. I don't use K12 or anything, I make my own curriculum with used textbooks. I spent almost $200 on all our supplies for the full year for 2 kids (plus materials to keep a toddler happy at the same time). LOL But there are many online resources for worksheets and games that are free, just try a google search and you'll find a lot of resources. Check out some of the homeschooling groups here too, they are a wealth of information.
    momof3inTN

Answer by momof3inTN at 7:12 PM on Feb. 9, 2009