Really Stubborn Dandruff

Hubby has the WORST dandruff. We have tried everything we can think of to get rid of it.

He's tried Head and shoulders, Selsun Blue, Coal Tar Shampoos (T-gel?).
We've tried putting cholesterol on his head and letting it sit for a while, mayonnaise, soaking his head in baby oil overnight, we've even tried baby cradle cap remedies!

What haven't we tried? Any tips?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:06 PM on Feb. 9, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• vingegar and listerine (use alone not mixed) are both acidic and can be used to remove dandruff,..its worth a shot
    sylvia10907

Answer by sylvia10907 at 10:44 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• has he gone to a dermotologist? maybe it is a bit more serious then any over the counter thing can help.
    Anonymous

• I use Melaleuca Herbal Shampoo, and rotate it with the Selsun Blue (plain). I had dandruff so bad it was embarrassing. This combination seems to have helped for the most part. Every now and then it starts up again, usually with my stress level and the weather.
    jennie1975

Answer by jennie1975 at 2:20 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• Hmm thanks ladies. Never thought of Vinegar (or listerine LOL) I'll have himn try it. Thanks!

And I'll see if we can't find some of that shampoo for him as well :)
    Anonymous