I feel like this is kinda rude..?

My gf is throwing a shower for me and wants my fam/friends address to send out invites and info on where i'm registered at..I don't know is that typical it just seems kind of like fishing for gifts?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:09 PM on Feb. 9, 2009 in Pregnancy

• That is what showers usually are. The person that threw mine did the same thing. She asked me for a list of people to invite then sent out invites and they had where I was registered at. Actually it made it easier for people to buy the things I needed and I had very little returns. Almost everybody got me something from the list. You gotta look at it this way. It is easier for the guest. They know what you need, they know what you like, and they may not want to spend all day shopping around looking for something so this way they can go look at a list pick something get it and go enjoy themselves at the party.

babyfat5

Answer by babyfat5 at 7:14 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• That is how it goes. Its not fishing for gifts, it is a shower.
    Anonymous

• I would probably not mind getting an invitation with the places registered, especially since it's a shower. But to avoid the possibility of there being a problem, as people call to say they are coming the friend could just mention where you are registered.

Answer by Bmat at 7:24 PM on Feb. 9, 2009