Do you think gay people have a place in church?

By gay people, I mean gay people in a gay relationship. Gay people who live their lives as they are-people who happen to be gay.
Not gay people who deny that aspect of themselves to appease the church/god.

sahmamax2

Asked by sahmamax2 at 2:20 PM on Oct. 15, 2012 in Religious Debate

• Anyone belongs in church that wants to go to church.
    adnilm

Answer by adnilm at 2:22 PM on Oct. 15, 2012

• Jesus said come as you are.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 2:28 PM on Oct. 15, 2012

• Yes. My church sees it as a sin, but they would definitely want them to feel welcome anyway. There are churches who do not see it as a sin and they would probably be more comfortable there, but I think there is a place for all people in church.

Answer by missanc at 2:30 PM on Oct. 15, 2012

• If they want to attend, then yes. Unfortunately though, many churches won't make them feel welcome.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 2:31 PM on Oct. 15, 2012

• Anyone who wants to go to church should be able to do so and be welcomed.
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 2:36 PM on Oct. 15, 2012

• It really depends on the denomination on whether they would feel welcome or not. From my experience, the more fundamental, the less welcoming to anyone who is obviously deviating from what they believe is God's word.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 2:42 PM on Oct. 15, 2012

• Yes they do, everybody should be welcome in church
    Alisim

Answer by Alisim at 2:46 PM on Oct. 15, 2012

• Yes, I don't see why not. I know a few gay people who are Christians. It would be very sad if they were turned away from the Church. The ones I know attend the Episcopal Church.

Charlene4

Answer by Charlene4 at 2:47 PM on Oct. 15, 2012

• well seeing as in Christianity all have sinned and all continue to do so, they should have a place in the church.

the number of other continuing sins ive seen happen at churches arent any more or less "sinny" than homosexuality (per traditional Christian beliefs, not mine).
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 2:53 PM on Oct. 15, 2012

• In a perfect world, sure.  In reality, it can be dangerous - remember the gay man beaten mercilessly by his pastor uncle for daring to show up to church with is partner last year?

NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 3:19 PM on Oct. 15, 2012