has anyone ever been able to relactate at 6 months?

I stopped breastfeeding at a 1.5 months....just curious if anyone has been able to relactate when their baby was 6 months

falanlee

Asked by falanlee at 7:12 PM on Feb. 9, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I'm sure people have. I do know that it is possible. It takes a lot of work and dedication, and stubbornness.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 7:17 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• It takes work but you can do it. Adoptive mothers can induce lactation, relacting takes less work. :) Look up relacting, or join a breastfeeding group. There is so much you can do!
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 7:20 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• Go to asklenore.com there is lots of info on re-lactating there, and some great discussion groups with experienced moms who have re-lactated or induced lactation in babies of all ages.
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 7:54 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• I was told that any woman can lactate even if the never have before.... i konw i stopped breatsfeed DS when he was only 2 weeks, and then out of now where I started lactating when he was 4 months, so who knows.
    HelloKitty86

Answer by HelloKitty86 at 8:31 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• YES YOU CAN!!! I really hope you put in the effort to do so =) Every baby deserves it.

http://www.kellymom.com/bf/adopt/index.html
    jus1jess

Answer by jus1jess at 10:28 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• I have never heard of relactating, wow. I'm a mother of six and breastfed all of my kids. The human body is amazing!!
    MrsHart6

Answer by MrsHart6 at 11:20 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• Put your question in the breastfeeding group you'll get a ton more responses
    angela5954

Answer by angela5954 at 6:55 PM on Feb. 11, 2009