Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump

Advise on Workmans Comp

My husband was hurt at work on the 27th of Sept, his co-worker was driving the ATV they were in and he flipped it and my husband crushed his foot. Now he is having to get workmans comp paychecks and it is hurting us already and so far his dr took him off work will mid Nov and the checks are 66% of what he was making. Is there anything else to do since the reason he was hurt at work and it was not his fault?

We are in Texas, if that makes a differance


Asked by SkylaReneeMom at 3:46 PM on Oct. 15, 2012 in Money & Work

Level 17 (3,654 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (3)
  • What else are you wanting to do? That's pretty much standard for work comp payments. Long term you could consider if there's reason to sue the person driving the ATV if he was reckless, but you aren't going to get more from the work comp insurance (which is where the money is actually coming from). You should let your assorted creditors know the situation before you get behind, and they'll probably work with you to make arrangements on your bills.

    Answer by NotPanicking at 3:58 PM on Oct. 15, 2012

  • If he has any short term disability through work, he might be able to use that, but worker's comp usually doesn't keep you as well as a paycheck does.

    Answer by wendythewriter at 5:57 PM on Oct. 15, 2012

  • Can you get a parttime job? Or temp SSI?

    Answer by booklover545 at 1:24 PM on Oct. 16, 2012