Ever want everything to be absolutely perfect before having another baby?

I am a bit of a perfectionist. It's getting worse. I just have baby fever so bad. I keep telling myself to knock it off, nows not the time. My son will be 4 this year. I am afraid if I wait for everything to be perfect, then it'll never happen. I am a bit of a procrastinater too. I was with him 5 yrs til we had our son. When we got married at 4 yrs, I thought it was too soon. I just dont get how women on here can say they're having 4, 5 or 6 kids like it's nothing. To me it's a huge deal. I can't just go say I want one then stop my pills that month. Anyone else think it's alot to consider?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:20 PM on Feb. 9, 2009 in General Parenting

• there is always a lot to consider but just be careful not consider it so long that it is no longer an option. Remember:
    1)There is never a right time to have a second baby
    2)You are considered high risk after 32
    3)You will never feel that you are financially ready for the leap
    4)Your first child will always be just as important. He will not miss anything. He will gain a lot. And so will you.
    5)Lot's of people only have one kid and that's fine to!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:32 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• Well to some it's in their nature to have 4-6 kids. Now I am trying for #4. My youngest is 8.I have three boys. I also think that you don't have to have your kids back to back. It is a lot to consider. But to me everything will work out just fine.
    Anonymous

• I just feel like I am coming up with all these rules. lol. I wanted to have one before he went to school. I wanted at least 1 more before I was 30. I will be 25 this year. I am really driving myself crazy over this. It feels wrong to do it right now cuz financially we are barely making it. I even wanted to lose 20 lbs first. Well I've been jogging this week. I am trying to knock out some of these excuses so i can give my husband an answer. I babysit at home so its not like it'll interfere with my income. We have no insurance and are currently collecting foodstamps. It just feels wrong to try now. My husband is already looking for a better job. I dont want to put more pressure on him. I am so confused. I dont have the guts to just do it.
    Anonymous

• I only want one thing before I have another child - to be married. For me, everything else is just not that important.
    JPsMommy605

Answer by JPsMommy605 at 8:04 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• I think it's different for every women/couple. My husband and I had six kids within the span of 10 years. That's just us, we loved having children and wanted a big family so we had one! lol. Having six kids isn't a big deal to us, to us it doesn't seem like alot or a burden, it's us, it's normal. '

We also only dated for less than a month before we moved in together and he proposed two months after we moved in and we were married a few months later.

All people are different, some wait, some rush in. It just depends on what you are comfortable with. What works for one couple isn't necessarily going to work for you. Good luck in whatever you decide to do :-)
    MrsHart6

Answer by MrsHart6 at 11:16 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• YES!!! My son will be 6 in April and we're 8 weeks pregnant with our second child. While I am very happy I am having severe anxiety thinking we're not ready! LOL...but guess what? We'll never be 100% ready. I just have to have faith in God that everything will work itself out.

I'm such a neurotic that I'm already looking into child care because I'm a working mom :-)
    NJMom2Tyler

Answer by NJMom2Tyler at 10:17 AM on Feb. 11, 2009