• In the Spotlight:

Sharp crotch pains?

I am 36 weeks and am having these really sharp shooting pains in my pelvic area. I thought it was the baby dropping or whatever, but is it supposed to hurt like so?

bluelady27

Asked by bluelady27 at 7:20 PM on Feb. 9, 2009 in Pregnancy

• baby is doing the cervix dance.
    that's when they do some breakdancing on their heads and it's hitting your cervix.
    my dd did it for about the last 4 weeks of my pg. we are pretty sure she was tapping out morse code ...."send....more....little....debbies"...
    teri4lance

Answer by teri4lance at 7:49 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• Not to say its the same thing but i've had the same problem. My doc said that it could either be a muscle pulled or he said that sometimes it's your cervix widening which can cause cramps. I'm not really sure but thats what i was told.
    kinzleysmommy

Answer by kinzleysmommy at 7:34 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• oh yea i remember those! mine started super early though. my son was a KICKER! Just grin and bear it. You're almost there!
    missbreezy214

Answer by missbreezy214 at 8:03 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• Yes, I had the same thing. I'd be walking along and WHAM, ouch...and you can't really grab your crotch in pain, lol. Hang in there, it's almost over for you now. A little more discomfort and you get your new wonderful bundle of joy~!~
    Mizzjos

Answer by Mizzjos at 8:40 PM on Feb. 14, 2009