can i be induced am really worried? am going thru alot plz help plz read plz am worried about my baby

am 38 weeks and 3 days and i cant eat and i cant sleep my back is really really killing i mean i was even in tears last night and am having lots of cramps and every time that my baby moves it really hurts me on the upper part of my belly and my rib she dont even have to kick me for it to hurt this bad . and i have also been under alot of stress lately am only 17 and i was being raped for many years and am now just saying something about it and am going to lock up the person that did this to me but ppl are calling me saying mean things and saying they r going to kill me so i been doing alot of crying n yelling n being stressed and i know that that hurts my baby so am really really worried what can i do??

BABY_BELLAS_MOM

Asked by BABY_BELLAS_MOM at 7:23 PM on Feb. 9, 2009 in Pregnancy

• if it comes down to it i would tell the doctors whats going on and see if they think you should be induced it may be because of the crying and stuff...
    scared_mommy16

Answer by scared_mommy16 at 7:26 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• Talk to the police or ask the advice of your doctor or lawyer. Good luck.

Answer by Bmat at 7:27 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• You seem to have a lot of issues hon. I have not experienced your pain but I feel for you. Some doc's will induce, Mine prefers to induce. He likes the scheduled birth and finds it to be much less stress on baby and momma to not have a 3 am dash to the hospital. I suggest asking your doc, if he says no ask if he can recommend someone who may or at least give you a good reason why not. And perhaps someone you trust could hang around after for protection????
    LuckyClown

Answer by LuckyClown at 7:28 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• Unless you or your child is in danger a doctor will not induce before 39 weeks. You are almost there honey! Call up your OB and see if they will induce in a few days and let them know why. It sounds like you are in a bad area surrounded by very immature, violent, IGNORANT people. Just keep your cool as much as you can and relax as much as you can. If you like bubble baths or crocheting or painting I would do it to keep your mind off of some things while you finish out the rest of your pregnancy. You're right, none of this is good for YOU or for your baby. Remember you ARE better than the morons treating you like crap and remember also that you did the right thing turning in this guy. He DESERVES whatever AWFUL things are happening to him right now.
    LovinEveryDay

Answer by LovinEveryDay at 7:30 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• actually i was induced at 38 weeks.
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 7:33 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• Honey, I'm sorry for all you're dealing with. I went though hell during my pregnancy due to circumstances in my life, and I was worried about the effect of all that stress on my baby. Let me tell you what my midwife told me: Women have had healthy babies on the front lines of war, in trees during monsoons, in filthy tents in refugee camps, and worse. If they can do it, so can you. Babies and mothers are resilient. You can do this. Hang in there.
    Anonymous

• I am nineteen years old and 8 months pregnant with my second child. My first, I was also only 17. I would definitely advise you to avoid as much stress as possible even after the baby is born. I also know that it is most likely up to your doctor on whether they will induce you. I see no harm in it. Discomfort in your pregnancy is very much normal though. Hang in there and I am praying for you!!!!!!!!!
    Anonymous

• There are some ways to relieve your physical pain and discomfort. You can work on that, but what you're struggling with emotionally will take a different kind of healing and is no quick-fix. :-(

Inducing doesn't necessary alleviate your physical pain. The risks for a cesarean increase with an induction, especially the farther from being ready your body may be. Recovering from that would only exchange your current physical complaints for others, and adds other risks to baby, anyway.

Work on finding ways to feel better now: Baths, essential oil, massage, Arnica, etc, can be a start.
    Good luck!
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 8:01 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• If I was you I think that I would explain all of this to your doc and see what he says. After the baby is born I would move far far away from all the bull shit people are putting you through. You shouldn't have to but sometimes you just gotta. The best of luck to you and i am will be praying for ya.
    Tris_09

Answer by Tris_09 at 8:16 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• Maybe a way for you to stop dwelling on all the horrible sad things that have happened to you (im so sorry by the way) is to focus on your baby! Its best for babies to be born when they are ready, not being forced out of the womb by induction, you are putting the both of you at risk for side effects by being induced and your c section rate goes up by 50% and then you will have the pain from recovering from a major abdominal surgery so really, that wont have solved your problems with discomfort at all.

Just TRY to keep your chin up and know that you are almost done being pregnant! I just had my 3rd baby at 42 weeks naturally with no induction and he and I were perfectly healthy.....YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If you have any supportive friend or family, turn to them for help!
    jlizgar

Answer by jlizgar at 7:46 AM on Feb. 10, 2009