I need some tips on how to make a costume for my son for school.

My son needs a farm animal costume for school and I do not want to have to buy two for him. Does anybody know how I can make a farm animal costume that will not be hard or too expensive.

mimioester

Asked by mimioester at 7:34 PM on Oct. 15, 2012 in

• I made a cow costume for my son in school. Black sweatsuit, then I cut white misshapen circles out of white felt and put in just a couple stitches to hold them (so I could remove the stitches and let him use the sweatsuit all winter). I made a tail out of black felt and cut several slits in the end.
    You could also check the Chik Fil a site, sometimes they have tips on making a cow costume.

Answer by missanc at 7:43 PM on Oct. 15, 2012

• I was also going to say cow.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:45 PM on Oct. 15, 2012

• The cow idea is a good one. You could use what clothes you have as the start of your idea if really want to keep it cheap. If you have gray go elephant, yellew chicken etc. You can add pieces to a baseball hat for ears etc. Old clothes in the right colors make a great source for free fabric!
    tessiedawg

Answer by tessiedawg at 8:51 PM on Oct. 15, 2012

• mccalls has some awesome patterns. sorry my mom has them at her place so i don't know the exact number or anything.
    noel1978

Answer by noel1978 at 9:48 PM on Oct. 22, 2012

• Spirit of Halloween online site - may help!
    isismoon3

Answer by isismoon3 at 8:35 PM on Oct. 26, 2012

• So - how did the costume turn out?????
    isismoon3

Answer by isismoon3 at 12:21 PM on Nov. 12, 2012

• You can make cows ones for preety cheep just get sweats and sew on some black felt.
    Im-HiDdEn

Answer by Im-HiDdEn at 10:35 AM on Feb. 22, 2013