how do u potty train

i am trying to potty train my son but he wont go with out his diper on he knows what to do but wont go if the dipper is off

motherofjeffrey

Asked by motherofjeffrey at 7:40 PM on Feb. 9, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• i am trying to potty train my son too. we put my son on the potty first thing in the morning (as soon as he wakes up bc he doesnt go in his diaper at night) and we have him sit there. when he uses it we yay and get excited. then periodically throughout the day we sit him on his potty. while hes on his potty, we have him drink water, rub ice on his back, etc. to try to get him to go. i hope this helps some. but this is my first- so im still learning too. lol :D
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 8:12 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• Take him to the potty every 20 minutes. Sometimes he wll go and sometimes he won't. Make a big deal about it if he goes and just say k we'll try later if he doesn't. I did this w/ all my kids and they were al potty trained before thheir 2nd b-day. Good luck.
    you could also try putting cheerios or froot loops in the toilet and tell him to pee on them, if you don't wana waste food just put a small amount of toilet paper in there and have him aim for that.
    4monkees

Answer by 4monkees at 12:04 AM on Feb. 10, 2009

• thank you for your help i am going crazed with the whole potty traing thing it's my frist time

motherofjeffrey

Answer by motherofjeffrey at 11:02 PM on Feb. 14, 2009