How can I tell if I missed my period because I am pregnant or because I am under a lot of stress?

My last period was on December 31, 2008. I had unprotected sex twice in January. My boobs have been very sore for 2-3 weeks now. I have had some lower back pain and I keep cramping like I am fixing to start my period. I have been nauseous but not vomiting.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:47 PM on Feb. 9, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Take a test...that should do the trick.
    Anonymous

• take a test and not a real expensive one either just a normal dollar store test they are accurate and cheap if you don't trust the answers of the test then make a doctors appointment and ask them to do a blood test...
    scared_mommy16

Answer by scared_mommy16 at 7:49 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• Take a test?
    Anonymous

• Take a pregnancy test. You're due for one, it has been long enough. Research shows that only in extreme and rare circumstances does stress alone interfere with ovulation UNLESS the stress is contributing to a physically unhealthy lifestyle (whereby stress is contributing to your amenorrhea secondarily). For example, not eating due to stress and being severely underweight can cause you to lose your period. Also, over-eating due to stress and being severely overweight can cause you to lose your period. So on and so forth.

NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 8:08 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• Yeah, take a test, or just make a doctor's appointment and they'll test you there.
    GothyMama

Answer by GothyMama at 10:17 PM on Feb. 9, 2009