Would you boycott Kellogg's?

An organization called MPP (Marijuana Policy Project) is working to organize a boycott of Kellogg's - you know, the cereal company - because of this whole Michael Phelps hoopla. Phelps had an ad contract with Kellogg's, but the company pulled it after the unfortunate photos came to light. MPP objects, not to the pulling of the ads, but to what they call hypocrisy. Apparently, Kellogg's had no problem with Phelp's DUI when they signed him, but the pot smoking is suddenly a deal breaker. MPP's stance is that DUI is a much more serious and life-threatening offense, therefore it is ridculous to overlook that, and then to cancel his ad contract for the much less harmful/less dangerous act of pot smoking.

So what do you think? Do you think the DUI is worse than smoking pot? Will you boycott Kellogg's?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:49 PM on Feb. 9, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Nope, we will still eat our frosted flakes!
    Anonymous

• the DUI is much worse than smoking pot, a DUI is dangerous for many people
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 7:52 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• I'm sure Phelps is thrilled to death to have a pro-marijuana group campaigning on his behalf while he's trying to train and move on with his life.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 7:52 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• DUI is without a doubt a worse offence than the occasional toke.

Kellogs have some 'splanin to do.
    ladysavage

Answer by ladysavage at 7:52 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• I really don't care too much. We buy store brand cereal.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 7:53 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• No, are you gonna boycott baseball for the steroid use, not see movies when the starring lady or man got caught drinking and driving..I mean come on if you boycott one for doing something iilegal you need to be fair and boycott all. Yes what he did was wrong.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 7:56 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• nope I think Kellogg's has every right to pull him off their ads and sponsorship.

Alexsmom04

Answer by Alexsmom04 at 8:01 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• I agree Alexsmom04 .
    Ann7227

Answer by Ann7227 at 8:03 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• Now I want some frosted flakes anon see what you do?
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 8:06 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• I just bought me some cereal today, cant wait to get into it...
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 8:08 PM on Feb. 9, 2009