im so stressed out.

Ughh.. i just feel like crawling in a corner right now...
Im 32 weeks pregnant & my SO works from home and works off commission.
He hasnt made any sales, so hasnt been bringing in ANY money...
We are literally broke.
I just dont know what to do, im trying to find an at home type thing i can do to atleast bring in SOME money, but i dont want something thats fake.
I dunno, im sorry im just venting...
Im so overwhelmed and just scared out of my mind.
I have a daughter on the way... what kinda parent am I?...

ughhh.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:58 PM on Feb. 9, 2009 in Pregnancy

• You're the real kind. My husband doesn't work off comission but when the whether is bad...he doesn't work. He was out of work for 2 and a half straight weeks in dec. Somehow we always manage to end up having a baby due at the worst possible time of year for our finances :) Maybe your husband could look into some part time salary or hourly work to supplement you guys until his sales pick back up? Hang in there. Babies don't need fancy stuff and expensive diapers. All they care about is a mommy and daddy that love them and love each other. Good luck.
    hannahjoy17

Answer by hannahjoy17 at 8:02 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• your situation has nothing to do with what kind of parent you are. the economy is not doing good and we are all in a rough spot. you are not a bad mother bc of that. i will pray for you guys and i hope things will get better for you. :D
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 8:00 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• Don't question yourself as a parent :-( It takes 9 months to form a baby and A LOT that you don't expect can happen in those months. You had no way of knowing what your financial state was going to be now when you first got pregnant. Rarely is anyone ever completely "ready" for a baby. You have them because you want a family and you know you can do what it takes to just squeak by if you have to. A lot of people are feeling the economy crunch; it's like a black cloud that you just can't shake. Save your change, recycle things, accept hand-me-downs, try to home-make things you would normally by and stretch those dollars :-) If you do any sort of craft, you can try Etsy.com. I sell my photography there http://www.capturecapemay.etsy.com If you set up shop, you'll have to market it yourself by spreading the word to people to check out your store etc. It is def not fake as you're running your own shop :-)

NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 8:04 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• Don't give up hope! There are ways to get by until things get better financially. I have to ask, has your dh tried to find any other work? I know that the job market is a bit dried up, but if he's willing to he could find something temporary: I know people who are teachers and due to cuts, have been working at places like Starbucks and doing tutoring.....there is no one answer for you, but there is always hope. As long as you and your baby are healthy you can overcome this. Take care and please know that things will get better!
    hibicent

Answer by hibicent at 8:20 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• legitimate at home opportunity www.chacha.com people text a question to chacha and a real person researches the answer and sends it back. I tried this. It works, you can get a debit card to put the money on it. It is a business based in Indiana. I stopped doing it because I had school and work and just didn't have time but I plan on picking back up when i am home more with my newborn in the summer.
    other than that- As November said- no one is ever really 'ready" for a baby. stuff happens. keep your head up and definitely consider breastfeeding- formula is way too expensive.
    LuckyClown

Answer by LuckyClown at 8:24 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• I think your husband needs to go out and get a job that pays him weekly regardless of sales, if your money situation is truly dire, then he needs to do what he has to do to support his family, if that means flipping burgers at McDonalds then thats what he needs to do for you guys well being!

Good luck!
    jlizgar

Answer by jlizgar at 7:42 AM on Feb. 10, 2009