What is your highest degree of education ?

What is your profession? How long did it take for you to attain that degree? I am just starting my journey to be a teacher. My goal is a D.Ed.

If you are just starting school what is your goal?

Baby4us09

Asked by Baby4us09 at 1:32 AM on Oct. 16, 2012 in Money & Work

• When I was a kid and even when I started college I wanted a PH.D in biology.
    What I have now is 2 degrees from a community college--AA Degree and an AAS Legal Administrative Assistant Degree.
    Not what I had hoped for...but honestly, I'm okay with where I am...I just got lucky and fell into where I am...story of my life.
    Ludvik_Smith

Answer by Ludvik_Smith at 1:38 AM on Oct. 16, 2012

• I got my first bachelor's degree in human rehabilitative servicis in 1992, but didn't go into my field of study because I got married and life got complicated. Ten years later, I found myself divorced. I went back to college. I transferred the credits from my first degree and was able to get a second Bachelor's in two years, that time in nonprofit organization management. I didn't want to go for a Master's because I was working as well and not interested in dealing with writing a thesis. I didn't get a job in that field, either, because I decided to start proofreading textbooks as an independent contractor instead.

Hats off to you for wanting to be a teacher. It takes a special person to do that job.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 1:46 AM on Oct. 16, 2012

• i have a bachelors in Family Studies and in Child Development (and thats psychology based family studies, not the Home Ec version). luckily, it has helped in raising my kids b/c the only job that i could find was working for DHS which is f-ed up in my state. so ive never worked in the field.

im currently working on my Masters in Secondary Ed specializing in US History. its awesome! id also like to get a Masters in History. i plan on teaching middle school until my kids are older and then getting my doctorate. my final goal is to be a college professor.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 1:53 AM on Oct. 16, 2012

• BS Computer Science and Electronics
    mto3821

Answer by mto3821 at 4:09 AM on Oct. 16, 2012

• I have a Bachelors in Secondary Education, Social Studies. I almost have my Masters in Special Education. My BS was a quick 4 years. The rest has been a journey through diagnosis of autism, divorce, remarriage and new child.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 5:38 AM on Oct. 16, 2012

• i am in charge of the medical records department full time and a fill in secretary in a primary care office. i did not go to college, but worked my way to this point for the last 9 years. i could get a degree in health information management which is pretty much what i do anyhow and probably make more ina big place like a hospital.
    MooNFaeRie30

Answer by MooNFaeRie30 at 6:13 AM on Oct. 16, 2012

• I'm a SAHM, but my degree is a BA in History with my 9-12 teaching certification. I was in school for 4 years.

Answer by missanc at 6:27 AM on Oct. 16, 2012

• I got my bachelor of science degree in mathematics in 4 years, graduating when I was 22.

I got my MBA in 2 years when I was 30. I was married without kids.

I work as a business/marketing analyst.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 7:26 AM on Oct. 16, 2012

• ...high school graduate with some technical school- I graduated cosmetology school, went to real-estate school and then went back for nail tech
    I have never used any of it at any job- LONG story...
    I have only worked telemarketing which I hated, cleaning jobs and retail as a cashier
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 7:34 AM on Oct. 16, 2012

• I've got three AAS degrees (Accounting, Computer programming and Criminal Justice Technologies), a certificate in Business Administration and a little over half my Bachelors in Criminal Justice. I ran out of money but will eventually finish my BS in CJ.

All my AAS degrees were completed in their 2-year time frames ... well not the CJ ... most of my credits from my other two transferred and I got to skip a lot of classes.

My goal was to work for the SBI but running out of money for my BS sort of knocked that out. I am a private personal caregiver for my MIL.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 7:50 AM on Oct. 16, 2012