College question.

Im trying to get into a nursing program however, I got a C in Micro and in Anatomy so now i have to get an A in Physio. I am not allowed to retake the classes I got a C in at my school because it is a passing grade. My question is if I retake one of those classes at another school can I still apply to their nursing program with my new grade?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:21 PM on Feb. 9, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Wow, anon. That's a bit harsh.

I say retake it at another school. If nothing else, it will show the nursing program how determined you are and that you can improve.
    Silvertears1275

Answer by Silvertears1275 at 9:00 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• You can, but your old school record will still show that you got Cs, which won't help you. I don't know what to tell you. Sorry. Perhaps nursing isn't for you, if you can't get above a C in the classes, you know? Best wishes.
    Anonymous

• A lot of colleges, univ. in their transfer in section under admissions explains somewhere in there what's an acceptable transfer grade. Check it out like that but I'm actually between the first two posters - the nursing school's classes are going to be a lot harder than where you are now. You probably know why you got a C. Taking care of children and going to school? Just not studying hard enough. You in side of you know why it's a C in fact why you have two C's. One A plus two C's out of a total of three courses. Why not call a couple of Nursing School's admissions and ask them yourself? If they say no how about trying for an lpn nursing degree or nurse's aid certificate instead of an r n degree? The first two I know are not as extensive in academics as an r n.
    Anonymous

• To the first anon. I got c's because i went to school to soon after having a baby and didnt realize it would be so hard with a newborn! Nursing is my passion!
    Anonymous