Qualifications..

If you were to hire and interior decorator, what needs would you want to be met and what issues would you like to be resolved within your home?

kittie1919104

Asked by kittie1919104 at 8:24 PM on Feb. 9, 2009 in Home & Garden

• I can tell you what I have experienced.. I have an interior design degree (certificate, not the bachelors, because I dropped out after two years to get married and have kids.. boo..) and I am a certified professional organizer. There is no money to be had in EITHER job at this time in my area. The most common customer requests I ran upon in the first few years and in my portfolio work was help with accessorizing, staging a home for sale, or setting up a room for proper flow, aka furniture placement. Also paint choices.. I've been hired before just to help the home owner pick the right paint color for their rooms.

the markets I have worked in are Seattle Metro and Salt Lake City..its really hard to find work right now, and all of the firms are laying people off. Big bummer.

Are you a decorator?

LuminousMom

Answer by LuminousMom at 10:55 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• I'm in school for it, i'm almost done.
    kittie1919104

Answer by kittie1919104 at 8:28 PM on Feb. 10, 2009