Quick Question...

If you were to hire and interior decorator, what needs would you want to be met and what issues would you like to be resolved within your home?

kittie1919104

Asked by kittie1919104 at 8:24 PM on Feb. 9, 2009 in Money & Work

• Storage and organization. I like each room of my home to be well organized and have plenty of storage places that actually look nice. I like eco-friendly products that are durable and easy to clean (I have two big dogs who like to make a mess!). I love to look at rooms in magazines where there is built-in storage that just looks gorgeous in the room (or you can't even tell it's there). I think so many rooms in people's homes would look so much nicer if they just had multipurpose furniture and products that allowed them to put frequently used items away when they're done using them.

NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 8:29 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• I'd like to see my place completely transformed; From camps to Cribs!! Organization is an issue for me.

But hiring an interior decorator for organization seems a little much, there are professional organizer.... so if I hired a decorator; comfort, warmth, durability, elegance and simplicity would be the issues I'd want addressed.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 10:23 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• I would want everything to be functional and comfortable. I like all of the common areas of my house to have one color in common and then each room have other things to set it apart from the other rooms. I hate knick knacks and clutter! I would want it be very clean looking. Organization for things such as game systems and movies would be important.
    Magpie75

Answer by Magpie75 at 1:31 AM on Feb. 10, 2009

• I like to do the decorating myself but there are times it would help to have original ideas from a pro. I know there are things I wouldn't even think about in terms of color, fabric, furniture arrangement and resources for bargains. Like a wedding planner, it would be more to help me love what the final outcome is, rather than do the work for me.
    happi-ladi

Answer by happi-ladi at 6:29 AM on Feb. 10, 2009

• storage and orginization also. and having a 'theme' flowing from room to room. right now i have yellow in the bedroom, blue in the nurery, it just dowsnt flow.
    sunmoonstars

Answer by sunmoonstars at 6:31 AM on Feb. 11, 2009

• sorry for the typos, i have the baby on my lap sleeping LOL
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:32 AM on Feb. 11, 2009