Please give me some advice on how to get out off this...

I have so many bills and tickets I want to cry! I'm 38 weeks pregnant and my SO and I are behind like so many others. I should be excited about this baby but all I can think of is the bills... I want to have this baby and get a job right away... So much for breast feeding... I'm so down.. Can anyone give me some advice or maybe a legit work at home for moms business that I could join. Thank you so much for your help

lisacieslak

Asked by lisacieslak at 8:29 PM on Feb. 9, 2009 in Money & Work

• First of all, you are overwhelmed.  Relax.   Working from home does not have to be difficult.  Take a look at www.stuffformoms.info. There are ideas for businesses you can do from your home.  You can be up and making money by tomorrow.  NO MONEY involved!  What is unique about this website is there are links back to three legit, real business websites that you can use for your own ideas:  Errand Service, Virtual Assisting and Advertising Service.  See something you like?  Start it off by building your website!!

pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 8:33 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• I don't know what is "legit" but if you are asked to pay anything even a dollar it probably is a scam. Now the first thing I would do if I were you is pay those tickets off because if you get pulled over your car can be towed and you may be arrested too then work on your other bills.

Anonymous

• Everyone has bills. I don't know what you mean by tickets, but I agree with the above poster. Take a deep breath and relax.
    Anonymous

• Anonymous 8:34"Everyone has bills." Reply, that's why she said "and my SO and I are behind like so many others"
    Did you read it?
    Take it easy, she's looking for support not someone to tell her what she already knows
    Anonymous

• Thank you I feel better
    lisacieslak

Answer by lisacieslak at 8:56 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• My suggestion is to first take a breath. Finances can be very stressing, even when you do have enough to take care of things. Next, make a list of what is due when, and a list of income and when you get it. If you get paid twice a month, split the bills so that some are paid in every check. We pay rent and one small bill at the beginning of the month and the rest in the middle. We pay bills first, and then decide what is truely a need, and what is a want with what money we have left. Then only go with the needs. If you pay for your own food (instead of using food stamps) it is cheaper to cook from scratch then using those premade meals like hamburger helper and such. (that is another story). This is the first year that we have not had to use our tax return to catch up bills. I have a few tickets that I have to pay off, but I pay 5.00 every 2 weeks and they are willing to wait for the rest for our tax return. GL
    vbongard

Answer by vbongard at 9:07 PM on Feb. 9, 2009