Do you have a special needs child?

Do you have a special needs child (autism, adhd, Down's Syndrome, Cerebal Palsy, Mito, etc)? If so, would you like a separate section in Answers, under parenting to address issues as a special needs parent?

I like to go to Answers, but a lot of times it doesn't seem like it fits.... I have joined groups on here, but it's not the same. Just wondering if others felt the same?

carol2m2

Asked by carol2m2 at 10:41 AM on Oct. 16, 2012 in Kids' Health

• you don't really need this in several categories. It's SOOOOO slow in here today

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 10:43 AM on Oct. 16, 2012

• I strongly believe my son has a bit of ADD/ADHD but he hasn't been diagnosed yet. I think a separate category is a great idea regardless because it IS a separate category.
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 10:43 AM on Oct. 16, 2012

• Trust me, we have tried to get a Special Needs category but the Powers that Be said no.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 10:44 AM on Oct. 16, 2012

• We have tried so many times to get a special needs category. Cafemom doesn't care.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 10:47 AM on Oct. 16, 2012

• Oh, I didn't know others had tried... that's sad. Especially with the 6000% increase in Autism and other disorders on the rise. I really cannot imagine why? What in the world would it hurt? So sad!!! :(
    carol2m2

Comment by carol2m2 (original poster) at 10:50 AM on Oct. 16, 2012

• Like I just said in your other, identical, post: The admins have determined that Special Needs topics are to fall under Kids' Health. There is zero need for its own category. I'm going to amend what I said there just a little bit: Moms have tried for at least a year (probably longer) to get one, not just months.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 11:24 AM on Oct. 16, 2012

• yep, we tried. But.... our pleas fell on deaf ears.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 12:51 PM on Oct. 16, 2012

• @Rosehawk, sorry for the identical posts. I was just trying to reach a wider audience. I don't always go to all areas on Answers, so I wanted to get as much feedback as possible. Sorry if it bothers you having the same question in two spots.
    I guess it's their decision, but how heartless. It really makes no sense. I don't see what in the world it could hurt.
    carol2m2

Comment by carol2m2 (original poster) at 12:57 PM on Oct. 16, 2012

• I have identical twin girls, one of them has Rett's Syndrome and that's a low functioning form of autism. Life is hard with her and everything.
    LovingMommy0123

Answer by LovingMommy0123 at 12:11 AM on Nov. 13, 2012