YOUR MOM

I know this question should be in RELATIONSHIPS but this catagory gets more action. Are you very close to your mom that you can tell her anything, laugh with her but yet tell her off when she needs it? I do. I'm 39 and she's 78 and lives 1 hour away from me. I treasure her because one day (hopefully not too soon) she'll be gone. I mean when I lived at home before I met my husband we used to go out to dinner every weekend. My dad had died then.

elainecat

Asked by elainecat at 8:37 PM on Feb. 9, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I do. We have been best friends since dad left us for another woman when I was 8. I was a total brat when it came to doing my share around the house, but we could talk about anything, and we hung out all the time. We still talk almost daily and are very close even though we are 12 hours apart.
    vbongard

Answer by vbongard at 8:40 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• Oh, gosh, my mom and I are best friends now. When I was a teenager ... not so much. But when we have a problem with each other, we let each other know. Other than that, we're laughing together all the time. She's going to be a wonderful grandmother to my daughter like her mom was to me. I am very blessed. It just sucks that I didn't know what I had when I was younger. :)
    KatieBatey

Answer by KatieBatey at 8:42 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• Besides my husband, my mom is my best friend. I tell her everything, and always have. When I'm mad at her, I can tell her, and she feels the same way about me. I adore her and treasure her. She is an amazing woman in so many ways and I just adore her.
    StarLee

Answer by StarLee at 8:45 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• yes, my mom is my best friend. she knows everything about me. shes 40 and im 21. i had to move back in with her, because i was pregnant. i just had the baby on the 4th and thank god she is here!
    walkthisway522

Answer by walkthisway522 at 8:47 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• i love my mom she my beat friend and we do everything together she is my rock im pregnant and she has been there for me throughout my whole pregnancy more then the babies father i dont know what id would without her
    symle456

Answer by symle456 at 8:49 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• ehh..im closer to my step mom. i love my mom and we talk alot but our relationship has always been strained. she kicked me out when i was 12 and my step mom raised me through my teenage years. she was there for me through heartbreak, high school drama, peer pressure, etc. when i found out that i was pregnate (2 years ago) i was terrified. i was dating the dad who wasnt ready for kids and wanted me to get rid of the baby. she was the one who told me to do what my heart told me to do and if that decision was to keep the baby then we'd manage-even if the dad didnt want to be there. well everything worked out and my boyfriend at the time (we are married now) decided that he wanted to be in our childs life. she has always been there when i needed her the most. even though we live 500 miles apart now, it hasnt changed. I LOVE MY STEP MOM!! :D
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 8:53 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• i wouldn't say she's ever been my 'best friend'..she's been my best mother! the roles are reversed now..my sisters and i are taking care of our parents affairs/chaperoning/chaffuering them..they are 80/85..we are the ones who do the worrying now...but hey, they did it for us when we were unable to do for ourselves. i do feel 'closer' to her now that i'm a mother..what she always said,''one day, when you have your own children, you'll understand me/why i/the reasons i..'' has come true. the things i didn't understand as a daughter, i do as a mother. and a wife!
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 9:01 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• My mom and I become close after I grew up a little and realized that she wasn't born last night. She is wonderful. I can talk to her about anything and vice versa. We are very close. We don't talk as much as we used to, but she lives around the corner from us for now. We are moving in a few months and I will miss dropping in on her whenever I am out for a walk. I don't know what I would do with out her.
    coala

Answer by coala at 9:24 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• yep i love my mom and she is my best friend i can tell her anythign and everything ,i would say it has always been like that but since i have gotten older she sees me as an equal and we share everything.
    freckles9399

Answer by freckles9399 at 12:35 PM on Feb. 10, 2009