What does a low cervix mean?

My cervix is super low i can get to it with my finger. I heard something a long time ago that it was a sign of preggers? What do you mommas think? Its never been likr this before normally and I cant remember from my first!

leeleesmomma

Asked by leeleesmomma at 8:37 PM on Feb. 9, 2009 in About CafeMom

• hey babe:) the position of your cervix will change in pregnancy but the position may vary in very early pregnancy. It is not a very good indicator of whether you are prego or not.
    Before pregnancy and before you ovulate your cervix should be low and hard. When you are about to ovulate your cervix should move up and soften (accompained by cervix mucus). After you O, I believe within a few days or right before you have AF again, your cervix should go back down and harden again. If you are pregnant you may find your cervix still high and somewhat soft but you may find it lower to begin with too. I think during pregnancy your cervix should be high? But like I said earlier, where your cervix is before AF is due isn't much help when it comes to knowing if you are prego or not because each pregnancy and body is different, our cervix might change after you get a bfp!
    miss ya! hugs:)
    8sweetpea

Answer by 8sweetpea at 6:21 AM on Feb. 10, 2009