I need new carseat suggestions!

My son is 7 months and 20 pounds (big boy!), he has just grown out of his infant seat. We have a Britax Roundabout, but I am unhappy with the unadjustable buckle height- it seems really tight across his chubby legs- so we'll likely use this one as the backup in my husband's Civic. Please advise about which seat might give us the most bang for our buck- and I know he is going to be tall too (he's already 28 inches long!) and Daddy is tall! Thank you for any advice you have! Oh, I drive a Honda Accord. Thanks!

speechgirl

Asked by speechgirl at 8:48 PM on Feb. 9, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• We also drive a Honda and we have the Alpha Omega Elite. We bought ours at Babies R Us. It fits perfect in our car and my friends have a tall baby and have the same car seat and say it is great.

IsaacMom2007

Answer by IsaacMom2007 at 8:52 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• Personally I would say get a bucket car seat!

These are amazing, and will last a lot longer!

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3012739
    Anonymous

• I have an Alpha Omega Elite which I purchased at Costco for $50.00 cheaper than the same one at Babies R Us...so check your local Costco to see if they have it. Its great. Its rated as a forward or rear facing car seat and booster seat for children 5 lbs to 100 lbs.
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 9:08 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• Sunshine kids radian I believe has a higher height than most seats, so you may get more use out of that, but please double check before you take my word for it! lol.
    Arkaidy

Answer by Arkaidy at 9:53 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• i have a sunshine kids radian 80 & it's great. heavy, but safe, compact, & will last til the child is very big.
    Anonymous

• Try a Britax Blouvard/Decathlon/Marathon they are bigger than the Roundabout and harness to 65lbs(FF) and 35lbs(RF) or a First Years TrueFit it also harnesses 35lbs(RF) and 65lbs(FF). The 3-in-1 car seats only harness to 40lbs(one new one harnesses to 50lbs) but they all are crappy booster seats. If you are really tight on money you can get a Cosco Scenera at Wal*Mart for about $50. It RF to 35lbs and FF to 40lbs. My almost 8month old has a Decathlon and a Scenera. He fits great in both seats. He is also 20lbs. Join the car seat safety group and we can help you find the seat that is right for you. We have certified techs who can help you figure out(by your sons weight/torso height and age what seat he would fit best in) Remember the safest car seat is the one that fits your budget/car/and child.
    babyboomboom

Answer by babyboomboom at 11:27 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• If you don't care for your Britax I would get a True Fit by First years or an Evenflo Advance
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 12:05 AM on Feb. 10, 2009

• If the roundabout is too tight with the crotch strap, I would not get a marathon, boulevard, or decathlon. This is because they are shorter from the back of the seat to the buckle. The marathon is about 5.25 inches from the seat back to the buckle and the decathlon's furthest adjustment is 6.4 inches. The roundabout you have is 6.6 inches so it has the biggest seat portion of any of the britax models. I would try either a true fit or a sunshine kids radian because those have 2 and 3 adjustments. Perhaps you could go try the baby in a few different seats to get a feel for what kind of crotch buckle works for him. Good luck!
    xmum

Answer by xmum at 12:24 AM on Apr. 18, 2009

• Oh and once he is walking around and then out of diapers the roundabout should fit him great.
    xmum

Answer by xmum at 12:26 AM on Apr. 18, 2009