Anyone have experience with plasma donation? I'm especially interested in first visit, when they determine if you can donate or not. Also if first hey say no can you try again later?

plasma donation

raynebeau2

Asked by raynebeau2 at 8:55 PM on Feb. 9, 2009 in Health

• I don't have any personal experience doing it, but, I have a friend who donates every Tues and Sat. She's never had any problems. My daughter tried once but they couldn't get any veins to work so they couldn't do it. They told her they could try another time. I would think it would depend on what disqualified you the first time as to whether you could do it again in the future.

BlessedMommy64

Answer by BlessedMommy64 at 9:01 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• I have tried twice to donate blood (not plasma) but my iron was too low.
    TXdanielly

Answer by TXdanielly at 9:05 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• I donate plasma every three months. You'll go through a questionaire, medical history, medications taken, etc. If you have a disease that excludes you then you won't be able to donate, same with some medications..... It's as normal as giving blood really, just takes longer.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 9:54 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• My sister in law has been donating plasma to get money to help out with their budget. She was donating twice a week for awhile which is the max your allowed to donate but lately she has been really tired and not feeling well from it so she is going to cut back. I think its an okay shortterm thing to do or once inawhile but doing it twice a week for money is really really hard on your body and I don't think its good to put that much of a strain on your body. A few months ago she had been donating for awhile her protein levels got low and she wasn't allowed to donate for awhile till her protein went back up, like I said its hard on your body.
    aameliaz

Answer by aameliaz at 10:21 PM on Feb. 9, 2009