i want to have my tubes tied after this baby what is that age for this in WV?

i have a little girl and my hubsand has a little boy. we dont kno what this one is yet. but i dont want to have anymore after this. i am 20 i will be 21 in november my baby is due in august. i asked one of my doctors and she said no and would not discuss the matter any further i think it is my body and i ahould have the right to get this done if i want.

brittanybell

Asked by brittanybell at 9:08 PM on Feb. 9, 2009 in Pregnancy

• My DH had a vasectomy, and it did not cost anything...we went to Plan parenthood. ( the most it may have cost there was $500 and that is if you made real good money)

Why are all you young moms getting your tubes done when it is cheaper and safer for the guys to do it?

My DH did it because in his mind I went though the pain of childbirth so this was the least he could do for me. ( He was just 23 when he had it done)

lovmore

Answer by lovmore at 11:56 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• Unless you have a medical reason NOT to get pregnant, they usually won't do it until you have at least two children or are 25 I believe.
    ZaTa

Answer by ZaTa at 9:10 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• They don't generally want to do this until you are like 25, and the same with men for vasectomy's they want you to be a little older to make sure that this is truly what you want.
    coala

Answer by coala at 9:11 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• i think its a good idea that he said no, i mean it is your body, but if god forbid down the line u regret your decision, than what?.... I live in PA and my friend niki who is 25 just had twin boys and already had a girl 3 yrs prior, She also wanted to get her tubes tied but the doctor was very hesitant to do so. She got them tied but there is always that chance that you may wanna have another child and your only twenty almost 21.... think about it before you do it... u may be set in your decision now, but down the line that may change.....
    kwiseman19

Answer by kwiseman19 at 9:11 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• I was last told you have to be 30yrs old I asked when I was 22 they told me no..
    rissa1789

Answer by rissa1789 at 9:12 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• but i completely agree I think u should be able to decide
    rissa1789

Answer by rissa1789 at 9:13 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• look for someone else if you really want it done. I think SOMEone will do it, I mean you already have two kids, why would THEY want you to have more? I think you should have the choice, and it's ridiculous. Have you talked to your husband about getting a vasectomy? It's safer for him than you, it's a small procedure, and he doesn't lose his "manhood" Most of the women I've known that had it done have hormonal imbalances after, and The few men I know who'v had it done, have experienced waaay less problems, than the women. My hubby's going to do it after our next baby is born!
    Destiny13

Answer by Destiny13 at 9:18 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• I always thought it was 3 kids or 35

Anonymous

• If federal or state dollars are being used (like if you're on government assistance), there is an age requirement. Call your local Planned Parenthood and ask them about it. They can help you.
    StarLee

Answer by StarLee at 9:25 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• A vasectomy IS cheaper and easier. My husband is getting one after this baby is born.
    StarLee