If you were on a job interview...

I have job interview tomorrow for a insurance agency. It's a new career for me. I have science background. How would you try to sell youself? Do you have any knowledge of how does it go? I'd work for what they need me (sales probably) but might mention personal 'kindof unique' quality approach starting from the Customers level up to Corporate - analysis of products regarding forecasting, satisfaction level, centralization etc. - using statistican tool data. That's what I'd really like and could be doing too. Does it sound rational to mention it at all ? or should I rather say I'll do all what's expected from me to the max and that's it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:16 PM on Oct. 16, 2012 in Money & Work

• So, I would just look through your history, and find the things that best relate, then I would look for the things that I need to learn, and try to show them why and how I would be able to learn those things quickly .

Basically try to show them why you're an asset.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 6:29 PM on Oct. 16, 2012

• I would just tell them of yr strengths.
    Fairymom32

Answer by Fairymom32 at 1:53 AM on Oct. 21, 2012

• I agree to study up, but be careful many insurance sales jobs have no guarantee.
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 8:42 PM on Oct. 16, 2012

• Study up as much as you can on the company. It's history, major contributions, local events they sponsor. Let google be your friend. It shows a real interest in the position.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 8:29 PM on Oct. 16, 2012

• think of how your skills can apply to their needs. talk about what you can for do for them. I actually worked my way up quickly from temporary admin assistant to account management. alot depends on the company...
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 8:00 PM on Oct. 16, 2012

• Since I don't know much about insurance, and I have no real science background, I can't say specifically what things I would mention. I would definitely look for things in my background that fit the job to highlight, and bring out personality traits that are important.

I just got a job as a store manager, although I don't have much of a real work history. it's a sewing store, I sew, and I'm a writer. only the sewing relates, and not to management. I've taught sewing lessons, and I was on my states PTA board and had some other volunteer experience, which I hoped would show some management skill, so I brought that out. I used my writing background to highlight my communication skills, and the fact that I work well independently to meet deadlines and without supervision.

ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 6:28 PM on Oct. 16, 2012