Super simple but 'creative' science fair projects for a 3rd grader?

I am looking up ideas to present to him as options. I have looked at several websites but I thought you guys might have a few good ideas. It has to be a question that he can hypothesize and test. like 'DO plants grow better when watered with milk, juice or water?' I am taking all suggestions! lol.

But_Mommie

Asked by But_Mommie at 7:02 PM on Oct. 16, 2012 in

• We made a simple plant watering system with a potted plant, and a bucket of water and a hose. It did have a scientific method, and it's been so long that I can't remember what it was, but it was SO easy! And, it's now how we water our Christmas tree, (although we put the container of water into a pretty Christmas tin under the tree so it looks like a gift!)
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 7:09 PM on Oct. 16, 2012

• guess what would happen to a nail whithin a certain period of time covered in different liquids like water, soda, and nail polish remover, be creative.
    kimberlykh

Answer by kimberlykh at 7:28 PM on Oct. 16, 2012

• My daughter did a really easy one on how a beach erodes, it was super simple, perfect for the short attention span of a 3rd grader.  The tabs at the top of the page show you the materials and process

adnilm

Answer by adnilm at 10:14 PM on Oct. 16, 2012

• DS has done one on magnetism, rubbing nails against a large magnet different amounts of times, and then testing to see how many straight pins they'd pick up, to measure how magnetized they were after x amount of passes on the magnet. Last year was conductivity, similar to this:
    http://www.ehow.com/info_12172835_heat-conductor-science-experiments-first-graders.html
    (the wood, plastic, metal one about half way down the page)

He found last year's in a book from the school library that had a bunch of science fair projects in different categories.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 10:25 PM on Oct. 16, 2012

• mine wanted to make flavored rock candy, but we had to move before she do it. we're going to try it out in a couple of weeks. i need to get more flavorings to make it work.
    noel1978

Answer by noel1978 at 10:25 PM on Oct. 16, 2012

• My son won first place on his third grade project What glows under a blacklight?
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 10:37 PM on Oct. 16, 2012