Crafty Mom's...I want to try and make a Fun+Low Budget Halloween Party for my kids and friends: any ideas?

I want to make cute low budget crafts, decorations and food treats with Halloween theme.... any ideas on what homemade stuff i can make, especially on the decorations????

CINDYELLA88

Asked by CINDYELLA88 at 10:50 PM on Oct. 16, 2012 in Hobbies & Crafts

• If you have an Aldi's near you, they have a cupcake kit to make "brain cakes"
    If you have a real dollar store near you (one that actually charges just a dollar, not Dollar General), they'll have a ton of cheap decorations out.
    For more "from scratch" you can do paper mache - mix flour and water, dip strips of newspaper in it and plaster them around a wire frame from coat hangers or a plain balloon, then decorate with markers or tissue paper to make things like pumpkins and giant spiders.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 10:59 PM on Oct. 16, 2012

• Brown lunch bags can be stuffed with crumbled newspaper about halfway full, then tie a piece of rafia around the top and twist to make a stem, paint the bottom orange to make a pumpkin. Cheap decorations to make a pumpkin patch, or an easy craft project for the kids.

Wrap tootsie pops with white tissues, tie around the pop with string to make ghosts....use a sharpie to make eyes, hang around the house as decorations, then give to the children as favors when they leave.

And, usually the dollar store and big lots have tons of cheap decorations.

And check out pinterest lots of great ideas there!
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 12:34 AM on Oct. 17, 2012

• i know this has gone, but how did it go?
    san78

Answer by san78 at 9:43 AM on Dec. 4, 2012

• I wish I would of tooken at least one picture, but I was so busy with the decorations/food and then the little kiddos that I totally forgot to take any, BUT one thing is for sure that the kids had a blast and they loved it. The weeks after the party all the moms even sme dads told me thanks so much for the invite and that the kids had a blast. Wow I hooked my basement up, I covered up my sons play area wth a big green bed sheet and in back of it put some green strobe lights.....that looked cool. Then I filled the whole ceiling with spider webs glow in the dark ones and added some small ring spiders and bugs. I covered the walls with spooky ghosts and skeletons and put some webs on them to make the affect of old and dusty lol. I covered I couch with a small green sheet and put some small amounts of scretched out webs on there. Also put some do not enter decor near door to kitchen so kids wudnt go in there. I did a lot more.....
    CINDYELLA88

Comment by CINDYELLA88 (original poster) at 8:55 AM on Dec. 14, 2012