Weight loss

How do you do it? I do well all day and then night time hits, BAM I have no self control on my food intake!! Ugh, I don't know what to do!

TxMom2324

Asked by TxMom2324 at 11:47 PM on Oct. 16, 2012 in Diet & Fitness

• I write out my food for the day and just stick to it- I keep a notebook to count calories

charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 11:49 PM on Oct. 16, 2012

• It takes time to discipline ourselves.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 11:49 PM on Oct. 16, 2012

• Make sure that you are getting enough calories during the day and drink a lot of water (I also do herbal and green teas with no sugar/sweeteners.)

Measure your portions, and count your calories. You might want to use a site like myfitnesspal.com or sparkpeople to help you with it.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 12:31 AM on Oct. 17, 2012

• stick on your plan list...
    GlitteribonMom

Answer by GlitteribonMom at 10:12 AM on Oct. 17, 2012

• I'm tracking all my food on myfitnesspal.com and my excersize on mapmywalk.com I am doing everything that I can, I just notice that once it's time for me to start dinner, I am so hungry!! I don't know why. Tonight while i was making dinner, I set out some baby spinich and snacked on that while I cooked, and after dinner before bed, I ate a bowl of cereal.
    TxMom2324

Comment by TxMom2324 (original poster) at 2:03 AM on Oct. 18, 2012

• Sounds like you need to eat a big breakfast with tons of protein! And drink tons of water ;)
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 10:59 PM on Oct. 20, 2012

• WHen I get like that I try to go for the veggies or fruit I have sliced up. If I want something salty I eat dill pickles something sweet strawberries. It;s hard especially if I have worked out to much.
    Reankanesmom

Answer by Reankanesmom at 1:08 AM on Nov. 6, 2012

• I am a hypnotist and I hypnotize people to believe they have had the gastric band surgery. It has been very successful. It is not just basic hypnosis for weight loss which is not all that successful. Something about the surgery aspect gets the brain all hooked in. Look into it in your area if you are interested. To help you now I will suggest what I tell my clients. Create a new relationship with food at your meals. Put half as much on your plate. Look at your food and notice the colors. Smell the aroma. As you put a bit in your mouth, feel it and taste the flavors. PUT YOUR FORK DOWN. When you have swallowed that mouthful, take a sip of water. Then pick up the fork and have the next bite. Make eating a meditation and ask yourself after a few bites if you are hungry. If the answer isn't YES, it is NO. Stop eating. This process will break the pattern you have for eating and will help you disconnect from your nighttime binges.
    Jaisley

Answer by Jaisley at 2:15 PM on Nov. 8, 2012