How do I get my son to actually EAT his food, and not play with it.

Ok I know that itz a stage that hes going through that he likes to throw his food on the floor, and watch the dogs eat it, but I just was wondering if any of you other moms out there have good experience with this, and know any good ideas to get him to eat a little more. He hasnt really eatin for like 2 months. lol. sometimes i feel like hes starving other times I feel like Im feeding him to much. And yes ive gotten the suckshun cup bowls. but the ones I got SUCK. so. any suggestions. feel free.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:37 PM on Feb. 9, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• When he stops eating and starts throwing the food, the meal is over. A few times of this and my children learned to eat first play later.

Answer by Bmat at 9:46 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• My almost 2 year old will feed the dog if there is a lot of food on his plate. We only give him a couple of bites at a time. That is the only way we have kept him from "sharing" his food! LOL! My older son started getting picky and wasn't eating veggies and anything else he decided not to. We got a divided plate (a $1 plate at Target) that has four sections. Now he gets upset if I don't have food (different stuff) in all four sections! He eats everything. Hope something here is helpful!
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 10:20 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• if he doesn't want it, he doesn't want it. he has basic survival skills. he'll let you know if he's hungry.
    Anonymous

• http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3237140 i use the boon one its good.. I stick it to the highchair try and it works...I haven't tried the dining table, I'm looking for a good booster for our regular chair...
    BxMetroMom718

Answer by BxMetroMom718 at 10:54 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• I took the plate away from mine and told her she can have it back when she stops playing with her food. Took awhile but eventually she stopped.
    TheFriskyKitty

Answer by TheFriskyKitty at 1:29 AM on Feb. 10, 2009

• Try putting his food in an ice cube tray. For instance, if you are having pasta, put a couple noodles in a few squares, some veggies in the others, etc. Cut up a sandwich into bite size pieces and spread them out throughout the tray. This might make meal time more interesting.
    jcsscfam5

Answer by jcsscfam5 at 2:35 AM on Feb. 10, 2009