Are you strict about bedtime with you kids or more like whatever?

mittensoup

Asked by mittensoup at 9:57 PM on Feb. 9, 2009 in Just for Fun

• You know my answer on this. You have to be in control. I think, whatever, is for lazy moms. Lazy parenting leads to animal children that no one wants to be around. You are the parent. Act like one.
    Anonymous

• I was strict. I knew that if I let it slide for 10 minutes, then next day it would be 15, then 20, then an hour, then two. I was tired and wanted to get them to bed for my sake as well as theirs. The time that the children were in bed let me finish household chores and have some time with my husband. The children were well-rested when they got up in the morning.

Answer by Bmat at 10:06 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• i'm not that hard but i am not lazy, when i know the bedtme is coming i put them in 30 mins before bed so i can read, or we can just talk about what is going on for tomorrow, or i would sing to them, i want my child to relax when in bed and to remember what i did with them, they never have tried to get away with anything yet but if they try well i guess no games no tv ..
    Anonymous

• I'm very strict about bedtime. An hour before bedtime they take a bath then we read books.
    Aviators_Wife

Answer by Aviators_Wife at 10:17 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• I am a mix, sometimes strict, but my children are "wonderful students" and I cut them slack. we all have needs, I am not lazy just attentive, I will just play games, or cards with them to make sure they feel they had enough attention for the day, I work full time.
    jennieo622

Answer by jennieo622 at 10:31 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• I am strict...bedtime is set for my daughter....once she is asleep I can start relaxing myself.
    michaux

Answer by michaux at 10:54 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• I am strict. I don't want any monkey business at ALL because it cuts in to my desperately needed "me" time. Plus, they need to know it's important to get to bed and rest for the next day. Enough sleep is critical to learning, etc. And I hate the walking them back to bed over and over again, it becomes a game that I don't enjoy. My kids are in bed at 7:30pm and asleep by 8pm.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 11:02 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• I am not THAT strict about my daughters bed time. And NO I am not a lazy parent. She is not in school yet and I am not putting her to bed at like 2am. She sleeps around 9pm every night. Not any later then that. When she starts school I would probably get her in bed by 8 or 8:30.
    MaiasMommy619

Answer by MaiasMommy619 at 11:16 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• Well sincei work at 6 am and go to bed at 9:30pm while my husband is still up he is in charge... I need my sleep and he goes to work alot later then me and we have different days off so we kinda take turns. She usualyl goes to bed when we do... Its not a big deal.. she gets good sleep and isnt an animal
    BallardMomma

Answer by BallardMomma at 8:29 AM on Feb. 10, 2009

• Well bedtime is different in my house for many reasons.
    1. There are 6 of them and 2 of us.
    2. They are all different ages.
    3. 2 of them are in school.

So i am not that strict but i won't let them do whatever they want they are all usually in bed by 10 after the struggles to make them all stay in bed and getting the babies to sleep.

Mummytomore

Answer by Mummytomore at 8:59 AM on Feb. 10, 2009