Anyone else not excited to have their baby?

Maybe its just hormones but some days I am excited and others I am not. I feel bad that I am not excited today but I cant help it. I am 37.5 weeks.

LovinEveryDay

Asked by LovinEveryDay at 9:59 PM on Feb. 9, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Hormones can effect your emotions like crazy. Sometimes I just start crying for no reason (or no GOOD reason), sometimes I get ticked off really easy (esp. at DH, poor guy!) and other times I'm like crazy/hyper/happy. I feel like I have manic-depression sometimes, LOL. But yeah, I think it's fairly normal to an extent. Some women do get prenatal depression, which is like postpartum depression only before the baby is born. If you're concerned, definately talk with your healthcare professional.
    GothyMama

Answer by GothyMama at 10:15 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• I take it one day at a time. I just enjoy the moment. So I can't say I have felt what you feel. Is there a reason? Maybe sit and do some soul searching as to a possible reason. Are you afraid of taking care of her outside the womb?
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 10:05 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• i wasnt excited, i had HORRIBLE anxiety my whole pregnancy and i was certain something bad was going to happen
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 10:06 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• I felt like this alot with my daughter. Looking back and speaking with my doc after her birth, I know now that it was my pre-cursor to PPD. I don't think eveyone who feels like this will have PPD, so dont take it like that...but for me, it was my first sign. Good Luck mama.
    Anonymous

• Time can just drag on then. That's pretty normal considering what's growing in side of you. if you're lack of excitement is carrying over into other parts of your life or disinterest or sadness from other things is carrying over into your pregnancy then talk to your doctor. Do you have other kids? Do you work outside the home?
    Anonymous

• i had prenatal depression/anxiety
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 10:20 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• im very excited everyday. im 24 weeks and 2 days. i cant wait to meet my new baby boy.
    Anonymous

• What is PPD?
    Yes, I have 2 other children a boy and a girl. (both 3.5) and I work full time out of the house.
    Thank you all for being supportive. I was not sure if this was a normal emotion to have.
    LovinEveryDay

Answer by LovinEveryDay at 10:58 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• postpartum depression
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 11:12 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• I have the same feeling. I'm on baby number 4 and due any day now. I think part of the way I feel is it was an unplanned pregnancy and we are going through a rough time financially. However, now that it is closer to the time to meet the little one I am getting excited! Good luck to you and I hope it all works itself out! :)
    A.Day

Answer by A.Day at 11:48 PM on Feb. 9, 2009