OOPS TYPO! YES I MEAN MMR

THIS IS FOR THE QUESTION ABOUT THE DR. CHANGING HIS MIND ABOUT THE MMR VACCINE AND AUTISM. HE NOW SAYS THER IS NO CONNECTION BETWEEN THE TWO. I HAVE ALREADY DECIDED NOT TO GIVE THE VACCINE TO MY CHILD, I WANTED TO KNOW HOW OTHER MOMS FELT ABOUT THE CHANGE.

mika0101

Asked by mika0101 at 10:09 PM on Feb. 9, 2009 in Health

• People dislike this subject. I can understand your desire not to vaccinate. There are books out there that allege you can treat Measles, Mumps and Rubella with modern day meds and watch the high fever. If I were you, I'd do a lot of research, reading first and then decide. One physician friend of mine doesn't vaccinate. Another friend who is a Harvard grad in infectious diseases disagrees and says although there is speculation, the benefits outweigh the risks and she vaccinated her kids. There is a lot to this, what the vaccine is contained in, how much of a dose should be given at what age, if boosters actually are effective or not, blah blah. They haven't totally linked autism officially to MMR nor would they admit it in any widespread statement. The problem is that historically, these diseases killed large groups of people so an outbreak or mutant of the gene could be worse today. Lots to think about.
    Anonymous