Is it too late to get a mid wife? I am about 33 weeks pregnant with twins. I have no clue about any of this..

I need more info on midwives if possible.. I am freaking out about going to the hospital.. I don't want them to sneak and give my babies vaccines or any of that crap..

just4today21

Asked by just4today21 at 10:16 PM on Feb. 9, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Honestly your best bet would probably be to ask a midwife. Don't know how they work as far as if they need to be there for more or the pregnancy. Good luck.

norbert

Answer by norbert at 10:27 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• http://www.midwife.org/find.cfm
    That should help you find one in your area, and then just start calling and asking. But if you are still gonna deliver at the hospital and just want support you more want a doula. I would just google for one in your area. Their job is to make sure the hospital follows your wishes.
    lasombrs

Answer by lasombrs at 10:49 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• Most likely it would be fine, but you should find some local midwives and call and see what they say.
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 10:51 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• I'm not for vaccines either, but as I have come to learn, they need up to date vaccinations to go to any kind of day care. And that also means come time to go to school they also need them. So unless you plan on home schooling forever they have to get the recomended vaccines. And they don't give baby anything you do not sign on.
    MissHeidi0304

Answer by MissHeidi0304 at 11:02 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• Not true.. you just need to sign a waiver ...public schools have to accept them..atleast here they do is what I am told. I am a sahm so daycare is not an issue. And if I had to home school to not vax.. than I would..thats how strongly I feel about the subject...which is why I am terrified to go to hospital ... I do not trust the doctors.. whatsoever. I know they didn't even ask to vaccinate my first son...and I was so out of it that I did not even think to ask or say anything.
    just4today21

Answer by just4today21 at 11:57 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• You do NOT have to have vaccines to go to public schools or daycare, EVERY state has at least 1 waiver you can apply for.

I dont think its too late to find a midwife, I was pretty far along, like 29/30 weeks when I started seeing my midwife.

Do some searches and see if you can find one in your area and GOOD LUCK!
    Also there is a group here at the cafe called Ask a Midwife, do a group search for it and maybe one of the midwives there can recommend someone in your area!
    jlizgar

Answer by jlizgar at 7:28 AM on Feb. 10, 2009

• An additional source : Midwifery Today magazine's website.
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 4:12 PM on Feb. 12, 2009