TMI but I'm curious. lol.

Since giving birth do you get gassy a lot? I mean, like it builds up inside and won't come out then your stomach hurts? I seem to have this problem on a regular basis since having my baby. Feel free to add any suggestions on what I can take to "release" it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:24 PM on Feb. 9, 2009 in Health

• Zantac, maybe? Or tums? I don't know if beano would help- I've never used it, but it says no more gas.

Answer by Bmat at 10:29 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• it sounds like constipation, not gas, try OTC gas relief(simethacone) and a stool softner, avoid gassy foods liek brocolli beans, high fiber stuff for a couple days. if you still are hurting, give doc a call.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 12:10 AM on Feb. 10, 2009

• The hospital didn't give you anything for constipation? My doctor gave me prescription for laxatives after all three of my babies. Keep hydrated - water is your best friend.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:41 AM on Feb. 10, 2009