Crying Questions

My 11 week old daughter cries about the same time every evening to be held. I'll pick her up and hold, rock, craddle, you name it and I've probably tried it , to calm her. Most of the time she just wants to be held and will fal asleep if I let her nurse. She'll sleep for about 30 mins or s before she wakes up crying and hardly anything wil console her. I'm worried that she may becoming colic. My question is: has this happened to anyone and if so what exactly is it and what can help?? Thanks very much

KristiNicole09

Asked by KristiNicole09 at 10:44 PM on Feb. 9, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• anyone?
    KristiNicole09

Answer by KristiNicole09 at 10:51 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• Oh yeah. Both my kids had it and my granddaughter had it. It will pass, but for now, all you can do is comfort her. It might be gas, but I would ask the Dr. just to make sure. Try everything girl, put her in a vibrating seat, try a swing, try a warm towel wrapped around her or laid on her tummy and you can check with her Dr. about gas drops. Lots of luck to you.
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 10:51 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• yup mine did that and yes she is most likely colic bc in colic babies it happens usually same time every night. all i can suggest is keep doing what your doing. it WILL get better i promise. when it goes away its commplleeetly different. its like a whole new baby. just love on her as much as you can! GL
    Keeely07

Answer by Keeely07 at 10:52 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• OOO shoot i forgot one more thing! i took her to the dr and after a few tries of other things the dr put her on a colic medicine. its like a drop every 4 hours or w.e man it works WONDERS!!!! and when it was starting to get better id only use it when she needed it
    Keeely07

Answer by Keeely07 at 10:53 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• Thanks for the information. Hopefully, it will soon pass. Tonight she wanted me to walk around the house for nearly an hour.I guess she anted to see every room like 10 times. I'm glad she like because it wore me out.
    KristiNicole09

Answer by KristiNicole09 at 10:56 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• I've given her gas drops before and it barely helps. She's did this before and I had to switch her formula to sensitive
    KristiNicole09

Answer by KristiNicole09 at 10:57 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• yeah i figured out gas drops dont work lol. the prescription for the colic drops will REALLY work. and i had to use enfamil gentle ease for like 4 months but then i switched to similac advance after she grew out of her colic and shes perfectly fine now. she wuld NEVER let me put her down. she wuldnt flat out cry it was more of a constant whine. so annoying lol. i could never get anything done and it was so hard to get her to sleep. shes gotten a lot better now and she is 7 months old.
    Keeely07

Answer by Keeely07 at 11:05 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• I hope Emily gets like that one day
    KristiNicole09

Answer by KristiNicole09 at 11:34 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• In my experience, all babies have a 'fussy time'. its usually in the evening. i let my baby cry for a bit, unless he gets really really pissy, then i will rock him or hold him for a bit. I wont feed him unless I know for certain he is hungry... he sleeps pretty well afterwards, then wakes at his normal evening feeding time. not sure if this is helpful, but.. i dont know. just my 2 cents.
    VelvetCat

Answer by VelvetCat at 11:47 PM on Feb. 9, 2009