Help!

I posted yesterday my daughter had a fever... Well I took her to the Doctor and he said she had an ear infection. Well her fever continued today as he said it would, and we have been switching between baby motrin and tylenol.

I am concerned now because her body temperature is rather low between 95.9 and 96.5. Her skin also feels kind of clammy. I dont know what to do, or if this is something I should worry about. Advice?

AudreysMommy798

Asked by AudreysMommy798 at 10:55 PM on Feb. 9, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I would guess that she's just sweating the fever off, but you could always call the on-call doctor at your pediatrician's office to be safe. They get paid good money--- don't feel bad about calling!
    heather.huckaby

Answer by heather.huckaby at 10:58 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• If that's significantly lower than her normal temp (some peoples' normal resting temps run low...mine does, and so does my son's), I would definitely call the doctor. If her skin feels clammy, or if your gut just tells you that something's off, don't hesitate to call the doctor--or even take her to emergency care. Too-low body temperatures can be cause for concern. Good luck! I really hope she feels better soon.
    Mamastheword

Answer by Mamastheword at 11:02 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• If her skin is clammy that means she is dehydrated, try giving her some water or hydraluxs (however its spelt) Im also Australian so it may be called something different. Its a juice you can get from a pharamacy that helps keep them hydrated. As for the tempreture im not sure because high tempretures for us is 38 degrees to 40 degrees and too low is 35 degrees. But if you are concerned take her to your local DR or emergency room.
    Mumma07

Answer by Mumma07 at 11:06 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• Oh, I'd be going to the ER. Hope she gets better!!
    MissHeidi0304

Answer by MissHeidi0304 at 11:07 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• Oh and her tempreture might also be low because your using two different times or pain killers.. we use panadole and nurofen so if I used those two it would bring our childrens tempretures down a bit too low so try using one and see how that goes also.
    Mumma07

Answer by Mumma07 at 11:15 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• I called the DR and he said that its the ear thermometer (used 2) I am using, is not getting a good read. He also said there is not many things that will bring down her temp that much, and if it were she would be shaking. Thanks for all your help, I am not as worried!
    AudreysMommy798

Answer by AudreysMommy798 at 11:29 PM on Feb. 9, 2009