Did anyone else feel kindof guilty towards the end of their second pregnancy?

I'm due with my second child in a few weeks and lately I've been feeling guilty about it! I know it's crazy and stupid, but I keep thinking about how my 3 year old will feel about it. If he will feel neglected or left out. He's so used to being the primary focus of my attention since I'm a SAHM. I know it'll be fine. I was the oldest of 3 kids and I don't recall resenting my mother for having my sister and brother! I just wonder if anyone else has felt this way or if I'm just weird?!

winkie_pinkie

Asked by winkie_pinkie at 11:07 PM on Feb. 9, 2009 in Pregnancy

• no im feeling that way right now im worried about my dd cause she is only one and im a single mom good thing is i moved back in with my parents but i still worry about her cause she still needs me to help her with alot of things but itll be ok and no your not weird
    bugbug07

Answer by bugbug07 at 11:10 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• Just continue to emphasize how important being a Big Brother is. He gets to teach the new brother/sister how to roll over and crawl. Make him a big part of those mile stones!!
    MissHeidi0304

Answer by MissHeidi0304 at 11:11 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• I'm due in 7 weeks and we started a mom and tot swimming class today because I was thinking "Oh, this will be the last chance I get to do anything like this with him!" and it made me sad! I guess I just worry about making him feel like JUST the big brother and not mommy's little boy anymore!
    winkie_pinkie

Answer by winkie_pinkie at 11:18 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• I agree with MissHeidi, make sure that your son knows how important his role as big brother is. Involve him in baby care (as much as he wants - don't push him). And make sure to mention the things that he gets to do that they baby doesn't, " the baby can't play in the sandbox/go down the slide/have a cookie, you're so lucky that you're the big boy". There will be moments of jealousy, but as long as you make sure to keep time with your son a priority it will work out. And if at all possible pass the baby off to daddy or gramma and spend some one on one time with your older child, even just a quick trip to the store or tucking him in at night, just some time when you are focused only on him.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 11:23 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• I felt that way. But its been fine im able to share the attention and my oldest has helped me he is only 2 but he loves his little brother its great seeing them smile and laugh at each other. Sometimes when I bath my youngest my oldest gets upset because he wants one too but he is learning that his brother needs them too and he will have his soon aswell. Im pregnant with my 3rd and its a girl so im sorta wondering now how they will both be with a little girl!!
    Mumma07

Answer by Mumma07 at 11:27 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• natural feelings...my son is 13 and has been the love of my life and now i have to figure out how to split that.i know i will and would never let ds know my worries.I think it is something that will put everyones minds at ease when our babies get here and everything works out.Good luck mom.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 11:29 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• I do! My litte girl will be 2 on saturday and I'm 3 weeks from delivering. She is still my baby in so many ways and I feel horriblt guilty pushing her out of that role. I don't want her to have to stop being a baby just because mommy has a new one. Hope you figure it out...let me know if you get any brilliant ideas :)
    hannahjoy17

Answer by hannahjoy17 at 3:26 AM on Feb. 10, 2009