Would this screw up a bank's bookkeeping?

I closed my acct. w/ PNC a few years ago, leaving a penny in the acct. Afterall, that's a tip you leave for poor service-right?! Well, they sent me a check for the penny which I never cashed. Just wondering if that will throw off their bookkeeping? Not that I care, they were horrible.

BTW- I've never left a penny to any waitstaff :p

mrsmom110

Asked by mrsmom110 at 1:58 PM on Oct. 17, 2012 in Money & Work

• Nope it won't mess up their book keeping at all. BUT, great way to mess with them.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 7:41 PM on Oct. 17, 2012

• When I went on vacation for 2 weeks I paid all my ulitltie bills in advance. guesstamated(a made up word I use) my bills from the last time I paid them. Well the water company sent me a bill for 23 cents. LOL! I went and paid my bill of 23 cents in person.

Answer by louise2 at 2:06 PM on Oct. 17, 2012

• LOL....it cost them more to send the check
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 6:35 PM on Oct. 17, 2012

• That is so crazy! I got a check for 75 cents once when I closed my electical account. If we all pool our checks maybe we can buy a cup of coffee.
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 4:48 PM on Oct. 18, 2012

• ^^^LOL Yeah, I thought about that. Plus I left the acct. w/ just a penny open for a few months before closing it, so they sent me monthly statements for the penny too! :p
    mrsmom110

Comment by mrsmom110 (original poster) at 7:03 PM on Oct. 17, 2012

• ^^^LOL! Sadly that's not even enough for a cup of coffee. Isn't it at least a buck at McNasty's? lol :p
    mrsmom110

Comment by mrsmom110 (original poster) at 10:10 PM on Oct. 18, 2012