Incorporate Peer Tutoring..

Hello CafeMoms!!!! I'm a teacher and want to encourage my students to incorporate peer tutoring in their school lives!

Any suggestions?

I know the benefits of peer tutoring but what's a good thing I can say to introduce this to them?
I want to make it appealing so that they know the full benefits.

Any ideas of a small proposal I can whip up?

Thanks ladies! My goal is to make each child smarter by the day :)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:00 PM on Oct. 17, 2012 in

• I think your best bet is to ask your coworkers about this. See how they incorporate peer tutoring in their classroom. The only suggestion I would have would be for 4th or 5th graders to be reading buddies to kindergarten and 1st graders. As far as in your own classroom, I really can't think of anything off the top of my head right now. 

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 8:08 PM on Oct. 17, 2012

• Forgot to ask- Do you have small groups or stations set up in your classroom at all? I think this would be a great way to incorporate peer tutoring if this is not already set up in your classroom. During Language Arts/Reading would be a great time to do this. Florida has a great web resource for reading stations- http://www.fcrr.org/curriculum/SCAindex.shtm

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 8:12 PM on Oct. 17, 2012

• what is peer tutoring? i've never heard of it and my oldest is in fifth grade.
    noel1978

Answer by noel1978 at 9:42 PM on Oct. 17, 2012