10 days ago

my world was turned upside down. 10 days ago, my dad died suddenly at age 67.

My dad was a strong pigheaded man, he could be mean and down right hurtful, he could fight tooth and nail with someone but if anyone needed him for anything, he was there to help in a heartbeat, no questions ask. My parents arrived in their town 30 years ago and my dad was a soccer and basketball coach and referee, he was part of the town council, he was in different associations (blood donor, former sailors, help to the elders ...) He knew about everyone in the town and the towns around and I hated it when I was a teenager because he knew about all my middle school teachers ! :) We couldn't go into town without stopping every 10 yards to he could say hello and talk with someone.

At the funeral, there were about 250 people at the church and it was a comfort to us to know that he touched so many people during his life. People remember how much he loved to laugh, share a good meal with his friends and spend time with his grandchildren. And they remember his infamous stubborn temper. I just wish I had told him how much I loved him more often. I miss him.

I didn't know in what category to put this. There should be a "death" category imo. If it's not at the right place, I apologize.

ajc03

Asked by ajc03 at 4:53 AM on Oct. 18, 2012 in Relationships

• I'm so sorry for your loss. I'm sure he knew you loved him very much.
    tessiedawg

Answer by tessiedawg at 6:40 AM on Oct. 18, 2012

• im sorry So sorry for your loss.  I'm sure your dad knew you loved him.  He will be watching over you now & you can still talk to him whenever you want.  May the blessing of time & the cherished memories get you thru your grieving process.  God Bless. :(

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 8:29 AM on Oct. 18, 2012

• I am so sorry for the world's loss and I hope you find peace. I am sure your Dad knew that you loved him. Sounds like a great man!
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 3:16 AM on Oct. 20, 2012

• Thank you so much for your kind words and prayers tessiedawg and mrsmom110 !
    ajc03

Comment by ajc03 (original poster) at 2:29 PM on Oct. 18, 2012