do you know why this happens?

when i put my 7 month old down to sleep i put her in her crib (goes to bed around 7:30 or 8) but she seems to always wake up! like once per hour. idk whats up with that. at first i thought it was bc she was cold but i always make sure shes dressed warmly and maybe put a blanket on her. so she cant be too hot or too cold. it may be bc shes looking for her paci but sometimes she will search for it and put it in her mouth and go back to sleep. does anyone go thru this too? i need help. it drives me nuts!

Keeely07

Asked by Keeely07 at 11:44 PM on Feb. 9, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• When we started letting our son alone when we heard him making noises, he would go back to sleep. Now if he is crying and fussing a lot we peak at him and see what he may be fussing for. Most of the time he goes back to sleep within ten minutes. They do have to learn to put themself to sleep. Doesn't take too long, not even a week. But always helping them creates them depending on you or the bottle or whatever soothes them instead of learning to sooth themself. You can tell if they are just awake or if they are hungry too, after all, you are the mama
    MissHeidi0304

Answer by MissHeidi0304 at 11:48 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• oh my gosh, yes! My son will be 8 months this week, and he's so unpredictable at night. Sometimes he'll only wake up twice and other times he's up every hour or even more.
    I make sure that his room is completely dark, that he's nice and warm, and feed him before bed, but he still has trouble often times.
    Maybe your little one is teething if this is behavior that's out of the ordinary for her. But maybe she's just looking for some comfort from her parents. Some nights Micah will cry for 5 minutes straight, at which point we go in to comfort him, but sometimes after a minute, he has his thumb in his mouth and he's settling.
    You're definitely not alone! I wish I could give you advice on what to do to make it more bearable, but we haven't found that for ourselves! Bare the exhaustion and just remember that this only lasts a short period.
    MicahsMom612

Answer by MicahsMom612 at 12:16 AM on Feb. 10, 2009

• Have you tried putting her to bed an hour or so later? She might not be tired enough for the night yet.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 8:27 AM on Feb. 10, 2009