Memphis TN and Biloxi Miss...

I am planning on taking my mom to Grace land and Bilouxi for mothers day and her birthday. It will be just us 2 girls, so my question is...

If you have been to memphis where did you stay? I have heard that memphis can be kindof "a bad town" and I dont want to worry about anything.

aDIVASmommy

Asked by aDIVASmommy at 11:46 PM on Feb. 9, 2009 in Travel

• You might try calling the Chamber of Commerce, they should have some good info for you! I live in Nashville and have visted Memphis before but didn't stay the night. Have a great time!
    Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 11:58 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• Nah... Memphis is a fine town. I lived there for a year. There are definitely places you shouldnt' go though. Stay at the Peabody. So cool.
    peppermintmocha

Answer by peppermintmocha at 11:05 AM on Feb. 10, 2009

• Memphis is awesome i was raised there she will loveeeeee Graceland for sure. as to where to stay im not sure. when you find a hotel ask to make sure they have sec. cameras if that ll make you fill better.

shannonmarie759

Answer by shannonmarie759 at 5:50 AM on Feb. 11, 2009

• I live and was born and raised in Memphis. It can be bad in certain areas. I don't know what your budget is but if you have the money I would stay in the Peabody. Do not stay in a hotel close to Graceland. That's not the best section of town. You will be fine during the day to go to Graceland though. If you have the time you should also check out Sun Studios. It is the first place where Elvis and Johnny Cash Recorded. It is on Union Ave. and Marshall. Hope you have a great time. I love this city for the music. Make sure to check out Famous Beale St. while you're downtown!
    Aidensmommy1115

Answer by Aidensmommy1115 at 5:50 PM on Mar. 9, 2009