Home Made soaps

I was wanting to know if anyone makes there own soap of any kind. And do you thank it is cheaper. If you do make your own ( and I mean any kind ) can you please leave your "recipes" so I can give hem a try. Thank you everyone!

jthough407

Asked by jthough407 at 8:14 AM on Oct. 18, 2012 in Hobbies & Crafts

• Are you asking like the shells and that type....?
    neveragain17

Answer by neveragain17 at 12:56 AM on Oct. 19, 2012

• No like laundry, shampoo ect... that kind.

jthough407

Comment by jthough407 (original poster) at 6:29 AM on Oct. 19, 2012

• I googled this before and there is so many websites that show you how to do this! :D good luck!
    Fairymom32

Answer by Fairymom32 at 1:46 AM on Oct. 21, 2012

• Here is the laundry detergent recipe I use... It's been working for me since I started using it.
    This is liquid one, I use dry one
    Ingredients:
    1 bar grated Fels Naptha Soap (have to grate the bar)
    1 cup 20 Mule Team Borax
    1 cup washing soda
    water

Directions:
    -Pull out a 4qt. or bigger pan. First add grated soap & add water to about the halfway mark.
    -"Cook" soap on medium low heat until all bits of soap are completely melted.
    -Then add 1 cup of Borax & 1 cup of washing soda. "Cook" until all is combined & smooth texture. Once all combined and sorta creamy looking, time to pour into container.
    -After each container is equally filled with mixture take container(s) to sink and fill with hot water until each bottle is about 1/2 full.
    -Then give each bottle a good shake. Let it sit overnight.
    -Take long handled wooden spoon & break up goo then add more hot water to just a few inches from the top..con't
    navywife723

Answer by navywife723 at 9:44 AM on Oct. 23, 2012

• Continued from previous posting...
    -Then give it another vigorous shake. Can add Downey Unstopables in wash fresh scent booster to have fragrance.

Dry Version:
    Ingredients: 1 cup Borax, 1 cup of washing soda, 1 grated Fels Naptha Bar. Mix all together. Use 1 Tbsp. per load. If wanting scent, mix small downey "scent discs" to the mix.

Hope this helps! :) I found the recipe online.
    navywife723

Answer by navywife723 at 9:46 AM on Oct. 23, 2012

• i would just google to get loads of recipes, good luck
    san78

Answer by san78 at 9:42 AM on Dec. 4, 2012