TMI...but

ok so i shaved down there...like completely and now i havea razor bump that looks infected. its a big bump. and its starting to hurt. it looks like a pimple or blister.
what do i do about it? or can do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:03 AM on Feb. 10, 2009 in Health

• I don't know what you can do, but when I shave down there, whether it's the bikini line or all of it I use Bikini Zone. They make a few different shave gels just for that area.
    MissHeidi0304

Answer by MissHeidi0304 at 12:05 AM on Feb. 10, 2009

• it is an abcess, they are caused by a less than sharp razor, or a little cut...and yes they can get huge.In my practice i have seenmany of them and trust me they are not something that shocks docs lol.It may go away on it's own but as it is filled with pus, you should have a doc check it out, and clean it out.meanwhile you can cover it with sterile dressing to protect it from rubbing.Do nto try to pop it yourself because it can cause worse infection and trust me it will make a mess.be careful with shaving that spot as it will now be prone to the same thing.I have had them myself and they are quite common, tho embarassing.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:08 AM on Feb. 10, 2009

• how do u know its an abcess without looking at it directly?

U DONT
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:10 AM on Feb. 10, 2009

• my guess is that it is an ingrown hair, open it up (it will hurt!), but with any sore it will go away. if you like shaving down there, try shaving the way the hair grows, you might have to shave more but it feels much better to not be in pain!
    diweisser

Answer by diweisser at 12:13 AM on Feb. 10, 2009

• Honestly, clean it very well with dial soap or antibacterial soap then get tweezers make sure that they are clean also and try and squeeze it I bet that it is an ingrown hair!!!
    logansmom911

Answer by logansmom911 at 12:57 AM on Feb. 10, 2009

• Sounds like an ingrown hair.
    Peekalou

Answer by Peekalou at 3:00 AM on Feb. 10, 2009

• It sounds like an ingrown hair to me too.  I usually pop them and then pul the hair out with tweezers.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 7:35 AM on Feb. 10, 2009