Scientific Arrogance and the misunderstanding of God...

This man is brilliant. I love Father Barron...now I don't suspect the tolerance level in this area is enough to be able to handle viewing this video... But I hope I'm wrong. I won't be responding to answers of those who didn't bother.

Do you know about the contingency argument? It's covered here a bit, but it's in relation to a new book written by Shawn Carol, claiming that Science is on the verge of explaining everything.
Oy!

adnilm

Asked by adnilm at 2:22 PM on Oct. 18, 2012 in Religious Debate

• I watched this episode of Through the Wormhole when they appeared on the Discovery Channel. I love the series, but they didn't change my view God or science. The answer at the end was we don't know.
    RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 3:50 PM on Oct. 18, 2012

• FreeForAll

Answer by FreeForAll at 2:25 PM on Oct. 18, 2012

• Wow, how about his arrogance of his God in relation to explaining everything.

emptynstr

Answer by emptynstr at 2:38 PM on Oct. 18, 2012

• If it isn't, why do you use it here all the time to disprove Him?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

There is a difference between using science to disprove "god" (which doesn't happen) and using science to disprove certain accounts as they are given in the BIBLE (which is what actually occurs)
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 3:48 PM on Oct. 18, 2012

• Science explains and proves thing more then religion does
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 2:27 PM on Oct. 18, 2012

• And funny op how you accuse me of being close minded when you wouldn't even read about the guy who posed as a gay man to gain a better perspective
    Pot meet kettle.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 2:40 PM on Oct. 18, 2012

• Do you call all people who dont agree or believe in your religion closed minded?
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 2:41 PM on Oct. 18, 2012

• So he is taking the perceived arrogance of individuals (who happen to be scientists) and is applying it to science. Yeah it doesn't work like that sorry. Science cannot be arrogant in regards to "god" as "Science" doesn't give two shits about it nor does it ever addres the issue. (Nor is science an entity c apable of "thought" or emotion so science cannot be arrogant to begin with). Then he adds his own arrogance as to what HE thinks "the sciences" can or cannot "understand" while trying to arrogantly assign black and white definitions to the ARTS. I"m sorry but this video was laughable at best and merely shows the "Father's" limited education
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 3:37 PM on Oct. 18, 2012

• I highly suggest watching "Through the Wormhole with Morgan Freeman" specifically the episodes:

"Mysteries of the subconscious" & "Did we invent God?"

http://science.discovery.com/tv/through-the-wormhole/episodes/

3libras

Answer by 3libras at 3:42 PM on Oct. 18, 2012

• You REALLY think science can't answer 'Why is there consciousness?'

Girl.
    FreeForAll

Answer by FreeForAll at 2:46 PM on Oct. 18, 2012