getting my daughter to bed earlier...

I have a 5 month old daughter. she usually goes to sleep for the night at about 1030-11pm. i want to try and get her to sleep earlier. and to be honest the only way she will fall alseep on her own is when she is in her swing. .aka her best friend...
i want to get her to her crib and get there earlier.
any suggestions?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:22 AM on Feb. 10, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Just be patient and keep working at it. When they are that little, every week will be different anyway. Seems like they never keep the same schedule until they are a little older.
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 12:28 AM on Feb. 10, 2009

• let her fall asleep in her swing and then move her.Thats all I can think of :( sorry Hun) I know that probably doesnt help much!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:29 AM on Feb. 10, 2009

• I wouldn't try correcting both things at once. I would first work on the earlier bed time. Every day or two move it up fifteen minutes. You will also need to adjust her wake and nap times too. Once you are on a new bedtime fine then I would tackle the swing issue. You could try rocking her instead and then putting her in her crib. Some parents are against that as well, but I enjoy the cuddle time every night. Good luck!
    kboney29

Answer by kboney29 at 8:30 AM on Feb. 10, 2009