ANY IDEAS???

My SO lets his ex wife pretty much run our life. I had hotel reservations for Valentines weekend so we can have alittle time to ourselfs, it was all a surprise to him. Last night his ex called and told him if he wanted to see his daughter this is the only weekend she is not busy. I completely understand it is his daughter and he needs to spend time with her, but I told him that I would rather wait and get her the next weekend. So he told his ex he would pick up his daughter this weekend anyway. Any ideas and what we could do with an 8 year old for valentines day now that my weekend has been messed up?

TashaMarie349

Asked by TashaMarie349 at 12:24 AM on Feb. 10, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Just accept that Valentine's Day is a big marketing ploy now girl. Now, the great gifts were the ones my kids made me when they were little. It's for the kids. You should celebrate love everyday anyway. Go another weekend. Kids don't wait, they grow up.
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 12:27 AM on Feb. 10, 2009

• It is nothing like that, I just don't want his daughter to feel out of place.
    TashaMarie349

Answer by TashaMarie349 at 12:29 AM on Feb. 10, 2009

• Are you taking her with you? That might be fun for her, you can take her swimming if they have a pool... otherwise, take her to Chucky Cheese's. Not alot of fun for you, but fun for the kids. You'll probably see alot of parents there doing the same thing.
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 12:34 AM on Feb. 10, 2009

• Pretend valentines is next weekend and ignore it for now. Do something you would normally do on a weekend with her. Don't wallow, his daughter need him too.
    mothermayiam

Answer by mothermayiam at 1:23 AM on Feb. 10, 2009