• In the Spotlight:

Help me!

We were learning in church about having faith in God and different trials in life that God is using to grow our faith in him. I thought about that and currently am about 10 weeks pregnant, i have had one chemical pregnancy so having another miscarriage scares me. I know i need to have faith in God that everything will be alright, like its been but its so hard. i know this sounds dumb but i want to get a fetal heartbeat monitor to put my mind more atease. Although, i feel God will disapprove of this because i need to have faith. I know this sounds ridiculous but can anyone help me out or add any suggestions. I do struggle with anxiety so i dont know if this has something to do with it but im just worried that imgoing to be doing something against Gods will.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:36 AM on Feb. 10, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I am not one to give advice on God, but I can't fathom anything wrong with listening to your baby's heartbeat. You're right - what will happen will happen, but until then, listen to the music of your little one's life :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:39 AM on Feb. 10, 2009

• get the monitor they dont cost much and as the pregnancy goes on you can talk to your baby and play music, i had one and loved it then passed it to a friend who loved it. God will never disapprove of you putting your mind at ease, anyone who tells you differently has never dealt with anxiety before.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 12:41 AM on Feb. 10, 2009

• Relax...When do you go to the doctor next? In I Peter we are told to Cast our burdens upon Him for He cares for you...Give that burden over to the Lord! Deep breath...Be still and Know that He is God. Leave it in His tender loving care and allow Him to work in and through you. For some of us we have to reliquish those reigns on the daily basis. Hopefully you go to the doctor soon to hear that heart beat. Let us all know!
    heavenschild99

Answer by heavenschild99 at 12:55 AM on Feb. 10, 2009

• honey, i am a christian. i see nothing wrong with getting the monitor. God is not going to punish you for resting your mind. however, you do need to realize that the fear and the anxiety are NOT from God. he gives us emotions, but the bible says that fear is not from Him. it says in 1 Timothy 1:7 that "God did not give us a spirit of fear, but of power, love and a sound mind.".
    when your child gets sick, you dont withhold medicine that would help him. you take him to the dr. and give him what the dr. says. that doesnt mean you dont have faith. your faith WILL grow in this situation regardless of keeping track of the heartbeat or not. just recognize where your fear is coming from. in order to defeat your enemy, you have to know who it is.
    ivelostmyself

Answer by ivelostmyself at 1:12 AM on Feb. 10, 2009

• Oh sister I will pray for you tonight. Remember this F.E.A.R - False Evidence Appearing Real. The enemy likes to bombard us with doubt and rushing thought. Like the previous sister said cast your burden onto the Lord. His strength is enough. May God bless you with His perfect peace meditate on His Word. "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not unto your own understand".
    JCRestoredme

Answer by JCRestoredme at 1:14 AM on Feb. 10, 2009

• If god didn't want you to be nervous about this pregnancy, maybe he shouldn't have dropped the ball on your last one. he can hardly blame you for wanting reassurance when he let something so devestating happen the last time. good luck to you.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:15 AM on Feb. 10, 2009

• I believe in thinking positive, when you think negative then you are blocking out anyting that is positive, including your faith and relationship with God.
    TheFriskyKitty

Answer by TheFriskyKitty at 3:25 AM on Feb. 10, 2009

• ((HUGS)) to you. I can see no religious objection to having a doppler to listen to your baby's heartbeat. I had a missed m/c with my first pregnancy and I know how much I worried with my subsequent pregnancies. Once you've experienced pregnancy loss there is a loss of innocence along with it. It's normal to be anxious and if a doppler reassures you and allows you to relax and enjoy your pregnancy I see nothing wrong with that. Wishing you a happy and healthy nine months!
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 8:43 AM on Feb. 10, 2009

• Sweetie, I feel for you. Fear is a horrible thing that robs us of our Peace and our Joy. God doesn't have a rule about listening to your babys heartbeat. Gods not like that. He doesnt make rules and then wait for us to break them so he can beat us over the head or condemn us. He has basic fundamental principles that we should live by but most of life is between you and him. Ask him to give you Peace about this child. If you want to get a monitor, then do that. It will most likely help you bond with your child better. God understands our flesh and how it desires reassurance and physical manifestations of what hes doing. Just relax and like the pp said..."cast your burdens on him, for his yoke is easy and his burden is light".
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 9:12 AM on Feb. 10, 2009

• The monitor is an awesome tool to hear your baby's heartbeat, just be aware that the ones you can buy are not nearly as strong as the ones they have at the Dr's office and sometimes it is hard to find the baby's heartbeat on your own especially early on when the baby is always moving in different positions. So although it may provide some relief, it may also bring anxiety when you are searching for it and can't find it for a while.
    I feel you will get more piece of mind by praying for peace about the situation and trusting in God's will. It's best to prepare yourself for motherhood by learning to trust in God....worrying about them in utero is just the beginning of worrying about your kids....it never ends. There is a sense of reassurance when you can give your worries to the Lord. I'll pray for you and I'm so sorry for your first loss. I dealt with anxiety during my preganacy's too. It's so hard to let it go. I Peter 5:7.
    deedee3849

Answer by deedee3849 at 9:13 AM on Feb. 10, 2009